The myth of Empires is a multiplayer sandbox video game and one of the biggest releases of 2021. The game facilitates players to take part in ancient era warfare. In the game, players are allowed to build fortresses, deploy and lead armies in major battles, and can gain their empire in a war-torn world.
While having all these features in Myth of Empires, a few players have been started off complaining that the game is crashing and not launching properly on their PC. As per a few other players, Myth of Empires is shuttering and freezing in between the gameplay. We have examined all these issues and come up with effective solutions to solve all the troubles that few players are experiencing. You can walk through this article to pick up the solution which helps to resolve the issue in your Myth of Empires. Let’s have a look.
- Make sure to close all the apps/programs running in the background.
- Ensure you have steady and stable internet connectivity.
- Install the latest game patch.
- Make sure your system hardware is perfect for running the game.
- Disable the Antivirus temporarily.
Fix 1: Run the game as administrator:
As a first attempt to resolve the Myth of Empires crashing and freezing issue, you need to run the game with administrative access. In doing so, the game might utilize all its features to run smoothly on your system. to do so,
- Firstly, navigate to the Myth of Empires installation folder.
- Then right-click over the Myth of Empires.exe file from the list and then click on Properties.
- From the newly opened Myth of Empires.exe screen, select the Compatibility tab and tick the checkbox beside the Run this program as an administrator option that comes under the Settings section.
- Once done, click on the OK button and relaunch the game and check for improvement.
Fix 2: You Can Launch the Game in Windowed Mode:
Some suffered players get over from the Myth of Empires shuttering or not launching issue by launching the game in Windowed mode. So we also recommend the same trick here. To do so,
- Firstly, go to Steam and select its Library.
- Then from the list, select and right-click on Myth of Empires, select the Properties option from the sub-menu.
- Inside the Properties window, select the Compatibility tab and locate Launch Options.
- Then in the given type box, enter, -windowed and save the changes.
- Once done, restart the system and then relaunch the game and check it is running smoothly or not.
Even now, you are not able to launch the game smoothly, then, in the text box beside Launch options, type -compatibility and save the changes. Now the game runs on your system without any issues.
Fix 3: Update Graphics driver:
Sometimes an outdated or damaged Graphics driver can cause to occur Myth of Empires crashing or freezing issue. In this scenario, you need to update your Graphics driver at the earliest and check for improvement. To do so,
- Firstly, type Device Manager in the Windows search box and launch the relevant search result.
- Then inside the Device Manager screen, expand the option Display adapters and select your Graphics driver used to play the game.
- Right-click on the Graphics driver and select the Update driver option from the sub-menu
- Once done, restart the system and check how the game runs smoothly.
Fix 4: You can Verify the Integrity of Game Files:
If the Myth of Empires is continuously crashing and shuttering, then you need to check the integrity of game files. If any game files get corrupted, it will lead to crashing and shuttering issues. So check the integrity of game files by following these below-given steps,
- Firstly, open your Steam and select the Library.
- Then select and right-click on the Myth of Empires from the list of games and select Properties.
- A new window will appear before you; from there, select Local Files and click on Verify integrity of game files option.
- Once done, relaunch the game; now, the said issue might get resolved for you.
Fix 5: Disable Overlay:
Another solution to tackle the Myth of Empires shuttering or freezing issue is disabling the Overlay. The Overlay is a handy feature used to improve the performance of the game, but sometimes it causes several issues. To disable overlays,
- Open the Discord and click on the Settings icon from the bottom left corner.
- Then click on the Overlay option from the left pane menu and toggle off the option beside Enable in-game overlay.
In GeForce Experience:
- Open GeForce Experience and click on the Settings icon from the upper right corner.
- Then locate the option, In-game overlay, and turn Off the toggle beside the same option to disable the overlay feature.
Fix 6: Disable VSync
As per some suffered players, disabling the VSync might help in resolving the Myth of Empires freezing or not launching issue on PC. To do so,
- Firstly, type NVIDIA Control Panel in the search box and open the control panel window.
- Then select Manage 3D Settings and then click on the Virtual Sync.
- Now in the newly opened Virtual Sync screen, you are able to turn On and Off Sync feature using the toggle.
In IntelHD graphics,
- Type IntelHD graphics control panel in the Search box and launch the first search result.
- Then inside the Control Panel, select 3D General Settings and click on the Custom Settings option.
- Now select Virtual Sync and On and Off the toggle for the VSync feature.
Fix 7: Update Windows:
If your Windows is outdated, then also the Myth of Empires Crashing or won’t launch properly on your PC. Here you need to update your Windows and check for improvement. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I to open the Settings app.
- Then click on Windows Update and select the Check for updates button.
- Now your Windows will begin the update process, so be patient.
- Once done, relaunch the game and check the issue gets resolved.
At the end of this article, we hope the Myth of Empires Crashing/Shuttering/Freezing and not Launching Issue on PC is resolved for you. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.