MultiVersus is a free-to-play crossover fighting game where you are able to fight against most iconic characters like Batman, Shaggy and many more. However, some players have recently complained about a UE4 Fatal error prompt that prevents them from playing this game. It can be a big hassle if you run into errors while trying to unlock new stages.
The same error can occur as a result of an incorrect log out procedure during the previous play session. As per afflicted users they couldn’t log in the game and they received MultiVersus UE4 Fatal Error prompt. However, in this article, we have collected some solutions to overcome your problem and, you may be able to continue playing the game. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Check System Requirement
The first attempt to fix MultiVersus UE4 fatal error is checking the minimum system requirement to run the game. If you find any incompatibility issue with your system, you need to take necessary action to upgrade your system, and start the game.
Fix 2: Check Server Status
In case your MultiVersus server is down or under maintenance, you may get a similar error on the startup screen. Here you can go to the MultiVersus Twitter account and check if any server issues have been reported there.
Fix 3: Use VPN
If you are using a free VPN to run the game on your system, you need to switch to any paid VPS service for better performance. Otherwise, you can disable the VPN service and try playing the game again.
Fix 4: Check Internet Connection
If your network connection is unstable or slow, you may get prevented from running MultiVersus on your system. Here you can check internet connection speed, restart modem and router or use another network. If the issue till there, then you should contact your internet service provider for further assistance.
Fix 5: Verify Game Files
Sometimes corrupted game files might be causing UE4 Fatal error on your MultiVersus. This time you need to check your game files integrity. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Steam and open its Library section.
- Then choose and right-click on the MultiVersus icon and select its Properties option.
- Now select the Local Files and click over the Verify integrity of game files.
- Once the process completed, you can try again to login the game.
Fix 6: Update Graphics Driver
At times simply updating your graphics driver might help you to resolve the MultiVersus UE4 Fatal error easily. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Device Manager screen and open the Display adapters option form the screen.
- Then select and right-click on your Graphics driver and choose the Update driver option from the sub-menu list.
- Once done, you can try again to continue with the game.
Fix 7: Update Windows
In case your Windows is not updated then also you will encounter MultiVersus UE4 Fatal error prompt. In this situation, it would be effective to update your Windows to the latest build and run the game. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Settings menu and click on the Windows update option from the same screen.
- Then click on the Check for updates tab and wait to complete the process.
- Once done, try again to login the game and see the result.
Fix 8: Perform System Clean Boot
In most cases clean booting your system will help you escape from the same issue. To do so,
- Firstly, type “system configuration” in your desktop search box and open the top result from the search.
- Inside the new screen, go to the Services tab, tick the check box beside the Hide all Microsoft services, click the Disable all button and press OK.
- Now select the Startup tab and click on the Open Task Manager link to continue.
- Once the Task Manager screen appears, click on Startup tab, choose all services and click on Disable.
- Once done, restart the system and try again to run the game on your system and see the result.
- If the issue solved, then move on to the System Configuration-> Service tab, find the problematic service and remove it from your system.
Fix 9: Disable Background Apps
Another solution to fix MultiVersus UE4 fatal error is to disable all unnecessary apps/services running in the background of the system. You can move to the Task Manager window and close unnecessary services and high RAM consuming apps from the list.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions help you, you should completely uninstall the game, restart the system and reinstall the game from a trusted source.
These are all about the MultiVersus UE4 Fatal Error and its quick fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.