DLL files are an important component of Windows systems. It helps save disk space by providing quick access to the code required for the smooth operation of applications. Recently few users have pointed out that they are receiving an MSV1160CP10.dll error in their Windows, which has affected the system’s performance.
The same error occurs due to several causes, such as faulty programs, corrupted files, improper program installation, and many more. Anyway, in this article, we have listed a few solutions that should help to repair the MSV1160CP10.dll Error on Windows smoothly. So, thoroughly go through the below-listed fixes and resolve the issue.
Fix 1: Run SFC Scan
Let’s start with the prime fix, one of the main causes for the MSV1160CP10.dll Error is corrupted files. In order to overcome this you should run System File Checker scanning and resolve the issue.
- Open Command Prompt screen by entering “CMD” in search box, then inside the new screen, type the following command and press Enter,
- Once you execute the command, wait for few minutes to complete the process and restart the system.
Fix 2: Download Missing File
Another attempt to resolve the MSV1160CP10.dll Error on Windows is installing the missing file manually. To do so,
- Open the DLL-Files webpage and download the MSV1160CP10.dll (32 or 64 bit) from the window.
- Then install the downloaded dll file on the system andRestart the system for the changes to take effect.
Note: There are many online auto DLL file installation tools available and if you find this manual process risky, you can rely on such online free tools.
Fix 3: Register the DLL File
As we said earlier, registry issues can also lead to MSV1160CP10.dll Error message. In this case you should register the missing DLL file on the system. To do so,
- Open Command Prompt screen by entering “CMD” in the search box, then inside the new screen, type the command “regsvr32 MSV1160CP10.DLL” and press Enter.
- Once done, wait to complete the registration process, then restart the system and the issue might be solved.
Fix 4: Scan Malware
If you use Windows Defender Security, run a full scan to check for and repair malware attacks. Alternatively, you can run any trusted third-party anti-malware tool to detect and repair malware-infected systems.
Fix 5: Perform System Restore
One of the simplest solutions to fix MSV1160CP10.dll error on Windows is to restore your system to an earlier state when your system was working fine without the same error. To do so,
- Inside the desktop search box, type “system restore” and open the “Create a system restore” from the search.
- Inside the new screen, select a restore point from the list (when your system is working fine) and complete the restore process.
- Once done, you can operate the system smoothly.
These are the quick and effective solutions you should apply to repair MSV1160CP10.dll error on Windows.