MSI Afterburner is the ultimate reliable graphics card utility that allows you to take complete control of your graphics card. Needless to say, it usually works seamlessly, but like any other software, you may sometimes find some issues with MSI Afterburner. As we have just said, a few users have complained that the MSI Afterburner not detecting GPU in their Windows and that everything looks grey.
If you experience a similar problem and it prevents you from enjoying the game, you have reached the right destination. However, in this article, we have gathered a few solutions for you to repair the MSI Afterburner not detecting GPU issue quickly and effectively. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Check Cable Connection
If you have a problem with the MSI Afterburner, you need to make sure you are connected to the correct display port before moving on to any detailed solutions. You need to check and connect the cable properly, then move on to the next solution.
Fix 2: Disable Vanguard
If you use the Vanguard anti-cheat program on your system, it may conflict with the MSI Afterburner and cause a number of issues. So it would be best to disable or uninstall the Vanguard from your system to get rid of the MSI Afterburner not detecting GPU issue on your Windows.
Fix 3: Edit Compatibility Settings
Sometimes simply editing the compatibility setting in the MSI Afterburner might help you to resolve the said issue quickly. To do so,
- Firstly, open MSI Afterburner and click on the Settings icon from the left pane.
- Then choose the General tab and untick the checkbox beside the Enable low-level IO driver option under the Compatibility properties section.
- Finally, restart the system and see the function of the Afterburner.
Fix 4: Update Drivers
If any of the drivers installed on your system get damaged, then also your MSI Afterburner Not Detect GPU. To eliminate this issue, you need to update all the drivers installed on your system at the earliest. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Device Manager window on your computer screen.
- Then expand all the categories one by one and check which driver is showing issues.
- Right-click on the problematic driver and select the Update driver from the sub-menu list, then see whether the issue is solved or not.
- If the issue is not solved, you need to right-click on the problematic driver and select the Uninstall device option.
- Finally, restart the system; your Windows will automatically install the latest version of the missing driver during the reboot.
Fix 5: Update Window
If your Windows has not been updated for a long time, then the MSI Afterburner does not detect GPU on the system. So, you can update your Windows to the latest version to overcome this problem. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I simultaneously to launch the Settings menu on the system screen.
- Then select the Windows Update option and click on the Check for updates button and let the process complete on its own.
- Finally, see whether the said issue is resolved for you.
Fix 6: Perform a Clean Boot
At times clean booting of your system might help you escape from the MSI Afterburner not detecting GPU issue on your Windows. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + R simultaneously to open the Run dialog box, type ‘msconfig,’ and press Enter.
- Inside the System Configuration screen, click on the Services tab from the top menu.
- Then tick the checkbox beside the Hide all Microsoft services and Disable all button.
- Finally, save the changes, restart the system and see the issue solved from your computer.
Note: If the issue is solved, then you need to find the problematic service and uninstall it from your system.
Fix 7: Run SFC Scan
If any system files get damaged, it can adversely affect the performance of your system and cause many issues. So you need to run System File Checker (SFC) to repair the corrupted system files. To do so,
- Firstly, type ‘cmd’ in your computer search box and open the Command Prompt window as an administrator.
- Inside the newly opened black screen, type the following command and press Enter,
- Finally, restart the system and see if the change made any improvement in the said issue.
Fix 8: Reinstall the Software
If all of the above tricks do not allow you to troubleshoot the MSI Afterburner not detecting GPU issue on Windows, then you need to uninstall the Afterburner software from the system. Once done, reinstall the software’s latest version from a relevant source and see the issue is solved.
These are all about the MSI Afterburner Not Detecting GPU on Windows issue and its fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.