Lately, several users have been complaining that the Word app not working on their Windows 10/11, and it is affecting their work completion badly. Anyway, countless suffering users roam the internet to get reliable solutions for the same issue as it hampers their daily work on the PC.
If you are also suffering from the Microsoft Word Not Working issue on your Windows system, then you can pursue this article. Here we have listed a few solutions that might help you to resolve your issues so, you can resume your work smoothly. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Update Word App
Let’s start with a simple solution, you can update your Word app and see if your issue is solved or not. To do so,
- Open the MS Word app-> click on File->go to Accounts-> Product Information-> click on Updates Options, and select Update now and complete the process.
- If you see updates are automatically downloaded and installed option, the app will update automatically, and you can go to the next solution.
Fix 2: Open in Safe Mode
Another solution is opening MS Word app in Safe Mode. This solution helped in the case of several users, so; you can also try the same and see the result.
- Firstly, close and exit from the Word app.
- Then press Windows + R to launch the Run dialog box and type or copy + paste “winword /safe” and press Enter. ( After winword, give a space and type /safe).
- Now Word will launch in Safe Mode, and your issue will get resolved.
Note: If your Word app works properly in Safe Mode, you can find and disable culprit COM Add-ins and relaunch the app. To do so,
- Click on File-> Options-> Add-ins->Manage-> select COM Add-ins-> click on the Go button.
- Then select and untick one Add-ins-> OK and start Word to see if the issue gets resolved or not.
- Repeat the same process to find problematic Add-ins and disable it to see the improvement.
Fix 3: Repair Microsoft Office App
If the issue persists, then you should repair the MS Office app installation. To do so,
- Open Settings-> select App & Features-> select Office app-> click on Advanced options.
- Then select the Repair button under the Reset section. Once the process is complete, click on the Reset button and relaunches the Word app to see the result.
Fix 4: Update Windows
If your Windows operating system is not updated, then also Word app does not work properly due to compatibility issues. In this case, update your Windows and relaunch the Word app to see the result.
- Open Settings-> click on Windows Update-> click on Check for updates and proceed with the process.
Fix 5: Uninstall Word
If any of the above solutions do not help you, then you need to uninstall the MS Office app and reinstall it on your system.
Note: Before proceeding with the process, you need to back up your needed files and documents.
- Open Settings-> Apps-> select and uninstall MS Office.
- Then reinstall the apps using your Microsoft credentials and relaunch Word to check whether the issue gets resolved or not.
These are all about the Microsoft Word Not Working Issue and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.