Microsoft’s latest operating system Windows 11 has been praised by millions of users due to its unique experience and impressive features. But few Windows users complain that their system starts lagging frequently after switching to Windows 11 version, and they are bothered by this problem. Upon closer inspection, we realized that there are a few things that cause your system lag after the upgrade.
In this article, we have collected a few solutions that will help you get rid of the same problem quickly and smoothly. Then without wasting your time, go to the solutions listed below and run your Windows 11 without any trouble. Let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Disable Startup Programs
The first solution to resolve the same issue is disabling the Startup program from the task manager. To do so,
- In the search box type “Task Manger” and open the top result.
- Then go to “Startup” tab and disable unwanted programs from the list and see the result.
Fix 2: Turn Off Fast Startup
Sometimes turning off the Fast Startup will help you to resolve Windows 11 lagging issue after the upgradation. To do so,
- Open Control Panel-> System and Security-> Power Options-> Choose what the power buttons do from the left menu.
- Select Change settings that are currently unavailable-> Shutdown settings-> uncheck beside Turn on fast startup option.
- Once done, save the changes and check your system lagging or not.
Fix 3: Update Driver
If the lagging issue persists in your Windows 11, you should update your graphics driver to the latest version. To do so,
- Open Device Manager->Display adapters->right-click on Graphics driver-> click on Update driver and restart the system.
- Finally start the system and see the lagging issue resolved or not.
Fix 4: Delete Temporary Files
Sometimes deleting the temporary files will help you to get rid of the lagging issue in Windows 11. To do so,
- Type %temp% in your search box and open the Temp folder on your screen.
- Then choose all the content in the folder and press Delete button to remove them.
- Now you will be able to start your system without any issues.
Fix 5: Run Update Troubleshooter
Another solution to resolve your system lagging issue after upgrading to Windows 11 is running the Update Troubleshooter. To do so,
- Open Start menu->Settings->System->Troubleshoot->click on Other troubleshooter->find and select Windows Update->click on Run button.
- Finally see the lagging issue resolve for you or not.
Fix 6: Free Up C Drive Space
You can free up C Drive space to increase your system performance. Remove unnecessary files from C Drive and run your Windows 11 without any lagging problem.
Fix 7: Switch Windows 11 to SSD
If you are using HDD to run Windows 11, you can try installing SSD in your system and see the improvement. SSD provides more durability, faster performance and lower power consumption.
Fix 8: Go Back to Windows 10
If none of the above solutions help you, you should go back to Windows 11 and make the system run smoother. To do so,
- Open Settings->System->Recovery-> click on Go back button.
- On the new screen click on Next-> Check for updates/ No Thanks->Next-> Next->click on Go back to Windows 10.
These are all about the lagging issue after upgraded to Windows 11 version and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.