Kena: Bridge of Spirits is an action shooter video game developed by Amber Lab. The game was released on August 24, 2021, and is now available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Microsoft Windows. As soon as it is released, the game gets annoyed with issues like crash, freeze, and black screen issues.
Several Kena: Bridge of Spirits players now complain that they have encountered crashing and freezing issues when they launch the game and preventing them from playing further. Thought in this article, we have gathered some solutions to tackle all the issues occurring in the same game. If you are also facing the same issue, then you can follow this article until the end to get to know the entire solutions in detail. Let’s have a look.
- Check your system meets the minimum requirement to run the Kena: Bridge of Spirits.
- You need to verify your system have a steady internet connection.
- Ensure there is no software not running in the background.
- Disable GeForce overlay.
- Update the GPU to the latest version.
- Disable antivirus temporarily
If you verified all the above workarounds and the issue is still alive, then you can go to the sure solutions listed below.
Fixes for the Kena: Bridge of Spirits crashes/freezes and black screen issue:
Fix 1: Run Kena: Bridge of Spirits as Administrator:
As a first attempt to resolve the Kena: Bridge of Spirits crashing and freezing issue, you need to launch the game with administrative access. To launch the game with admin access, you can follow these steps,
- Firstly, move to the Kena: Bridge of Spirits installation folder, right-click on the Kena: Bridge of Spirits.exe file and select the Properties option.
- Then in the Kena: Bridge of Spirits.exe window, choose the Compatability tab from the top menu.
- Now tick the checkbox beside the option Run this program as an administrator under the Settings section and click on the OK button.
- Once done, relaunch the game and check the said issue is resolved now or not.
Fix 2: Update Driver:
If the driver installed in your system gets corrupted or damaged, the Kena: Bridge of Spirits also crash or freeze while launching the game. Here the best possible solution is updating the driver. To update the driver, you can follow these steps,
- Firstly, right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager from the context menu.
- Then, click and expand the option Display adapters inside the Device Manager and select the Graphics driver that needs to update.
- Right-click over the driver and choose the Update driver from the drop-down menu.
- Once done, restart the system and check for improvement.
Fix 3: Install New Game Patches:
The game developer releases new patches from time to time to eliminate existing bugs and issues. Here also you can install a new patch to get rid of a crash or black screen issue in the Kena: Bridge of Spirits game.
Fix 4: Disable VSync:
Some users finally managed to get rid of the Kena: Bridge of Spirits crashing and fatal error issue by disabling VSync. To disable or enable VSync, to can follow these steps,
For NVIDIA users,
- Firstly, type NVIDIA Control Panel in the search box and open the relevant search result.
- Then click on Manage 3D Settings and click on the Virtual Sync option.
- Then in the Virtual Sync screen, you can enable and disable the Sync option.
For IntelHD graphics users,
- Firstly, type the IntelHD graphics control panel in the search box and open the relevant search result.
- Then in the Control panel menu, select the option 3D General Settings and choose Custom Settings.
- Now click on the Virtual Sync and toggle On or Off to enable and disable the VSync option.
- Once done, check for improvement.
Fix 5: Reinstall the Game:
If the game crashes repeatedly, you will need to uninstall and reinstall the game to avoid the current problem. After uninstalling the game from your system, restart the system. When the system restarts, reinstall the game and check if the game is crashing or not.
These are all about the Kena: Bridge of Spirits crashing/freezing and Black screen issue and its sure solutions. In addition to all these, you can also install the latest DirectX to resolve the same issue. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.