Lately, several Windows users have complained that while trying to run Modern Warfare 2, they received an IW4x Fatal Error with an abrupt message “Fatal error (0xC0000005) at 0x7572C2A8”. This error message prevents gamers from playing their favorite game on the system, and they are very frustrated about it. IW4x lets you set up your dedicated servers with modern gaming modifications on top of a decentralized network.
There can be several reasons for the same issue, including missing DirectX files, corrupted Graphics drivers, and many more. However, if you are also suffering from the IW4x Fatal Error 0xC0000005 on Windows, then you are at the right place. In this article, we have compiled a few solutions to resolve the same issue quickly and permanently. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Run as Admin
The first step to resolving the IW4x Fatal Error 0xC0000005 is running the IW4x as an administrative privilege. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the Modern Warfare 2 folder and right-click on the iw4x.exe file.
- Then from the sub-menu, click on the Run as administrator option.
- Once done, check whether the issue is resolved in your system or not.
Fix 2: Update Graphics Card
Sometimes outdated graphics drivers might be the main reason for the IW4x Fatal Error 0xC0000005 on your Windows. Here, you should update your graphics driver as soon as possible to escape from the same. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Device Manager and choose the Display adapters option from the list.
- Then select and right-click on your Graphics driver and click on the Update driver from the sub-menu.
- Once done, check whether the issue is solved or not. If the issue is not solved, you need to right-click on the Graphics driver and select the Uninstall device option.
- Now restart your system; during the reboot process, your Windows will install missing drivers automatically, and your issue might get resolved.
Fix 3: Disable Date Execution Prevention
At times disabling the Data Execution Prevention feature will allow you to resolve the IW4x Fatal Error 0xC0000005 on your Windows system. Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a security feature that helps protect your system from viruses and other security threats. To disable this feature,
- Firstly, right-click on the This PC icon from the desktop and select the Properties option.
- Then click on the Advanced system settings option from the right side of the screen.
- In the new screen, under the Performance section, click on the Settings tab.
- On the following screen, click on the Data Execution Prevention from the top menu and select the radio button beside the Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
- Further, select the IW4X.exe from the list and click on OK.
- Finally, restart the system and see if the error message appears again or not.
Fix 4: Reinstall DirectX
Another solution to resolve the same issue is to reinstall the DirectX on your system. To do so,
- Firstly, launch the browser and move to the DirectX web page.
- Then choose the preferred Language and click on the Download button.
- Once done, restart the system and check whether the issue is eliminated or not.
Fix 5: Restart File Explorer
In similar cases restarting the Windows Explorer from the Task Manager will help you to escape from the IW4x Fatal Error 0xC0000005 message on your system. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Task Manager and choose and right-click on Windows Explorer from the list.
- Then from the sub-menu, click on the Restart option and see if the issue is eliminated or not.
Fix 6: Update Windows
If your Windows operating system is outdated, then also you will receive a similar issue. To escape from the same, you need to update Windows. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Settings menu on your desktop and click on Windows update.
- On the new screen, click on Check for updates tab and complete the process.
- Once done, check for the said issue.
Fix 7: Disable Antivirus
If none of the above solutions help you, then you need to disable your antivirus program from the system temporarily. When done, check to see if this change helps you. If yes, you can uninstall the antivirus and switch to a new trusted one.
These are all about the IW4x Fatal Error 0xC0000005 on Windows 10/11 and its fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.