The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes is a multiplayer horror video game developed by Supermassive Games and is set to be the best release of 2021. House of Ashes is the latest edition of The Dark Pictures Anthology series and is available on all platforms. In this short time, the game has received warm compliments from players and critics globally. However, on the other hand, several players are now pointing to the crashing of the House of Ashes and the shuttering and lagging issues.
There are several reasons for the same issues, and the game developer has been working hard to release a new patch to resolve these genres of issues. Anyway, in this article, we have gathered a few sure solutions to tackle these reported issues quickly. Let’s have a look,
- Make sure you have proper internet connectivity.
- Restart your game and console.
- Disable antivirus temporarily.
- Ensure any unnecessary apps or programs are not running in the background.
- Disable overclocked GPU.
If any of the workarounds do not help you to get rid of the issues said in House of Ashes, then you can follow the below-mentioned detailed fixes.
Fix 1: Launch the game with Administrative Access:
The first effort to resolve the House of Ashes Crashing and Freezing issue is launching the game with administrator access. To run the game with administrator access, you can follow these steps,
- Firstly, go to the House of Ashes installation folder, right-click on the House of Ashes.exe file and select its Properties option.
- Then in the House of Ashes.exe window, choose the Compatability tab from the top menu.
- Now tick the checkbox beside the option Run this program as an administrator under the Settings section and click on the OK button.
- Once done, check for improvement.
Fix: 2 You need to Check the Integrity of Game Files:
If the House of Ashes is Crashing or Shuttering unexpectedly, you can verify the integrity of game files to get rid of the same issue. To verify the integrity, you can follow these steps,
- Firstly, launch the Steam client and go to LIBRARY.
- Therefrom the list, select and right-click over House of Ashes and click on Properties.
- In the next window, select the Local Files option and click on Verify integrity of game files option.
- Once done, restart the game and check for improvement.
Fix 3: Update Graphics Driver:
If the graphics driver installed on your system gets corrupted or outdated, then the games do not launch properly and might show some inconsistencies. Here you need to update the graphics driver, and you can follow the steps below to update your driver.
- Firstly, right-click over the Start button and select Device Manager from the context menu.
- Then inside the Device Manager, select and expand the option Display adapters section.
- Now right-click over the Graphics driver and click on Update driver from the drop-down menu.
- You can go to the Manufacture’s official website of your Graphics driver (AMD, NVIDIA).
- Then select the latest driver suitable to your system and download and install it on your system.
If you find the manual update time-consuming and tedious, you can depend on any third-party automatic driver updating tool. There are several updating tools available online; select a reliable one among them.
Fix 4: Turn off Overlays
As per some suffered players, they overcame the House of Ashes Crashing and shuttering issue by disabling the overlays like Discord and GeForce Experience. To do so,
For GeForce Experience:
- Firstly, launch GeForce Experience, and then at the upper right corner, click on the cogwheel icon.
- Now on the right-pane menu, toggle off beside the In-game overlay option,
- Firstly, launch Discord and on the bottom left corner of the screen, click on the cogwheel icon.
- Now from the left-pane menu, click on Overlay.
- Further from the right-pane menu, toggle off beside the option Enable in-game overlay.
Fix 5: Update the Visual C++Redistributables:
While launching the House of Ashes, you received the “Vcruntime140_1.dll or MSVCP140.dll Was Not Found” error message; then, you need to update the Visual C++Redistributables as quick as possible to counter the same error. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the Microsoft Visual C++Redistributables download page.
- Then download the latest version of Visual C++Redistributables and install it on your system. Make sure you download the program compatible with your system (x64 or x86).
- Once done, restart the system and check for improvement.
Fix 6: Perform System Clean Boot:
If any of the above solutions do not help you, then you need to clean boot the system to get rid of the existing issues in House of Ashes. To perform a system clean boot, you can follow these below-given steps,
- Firstly, in the taskbar search box, type ‘system configuration‘ and launch the first search result.
- Now in the System Configuration window, go to the Services tab and tick beside the option Hide all Microsoft services and click on Disable all tab and OK.
- Then move to the Startup tab from the top horizontal menu and click on the Open Task Manager link.
- In the Task Manager, go to the Startup tab and select all startup services from the list and click on Disable.
- Once done, restart the system and check the said issue is resolved or not. If yes, then again go to the System Configuration window, select the Services tab and enable all the services one by one until you find the problematic item from the list. Once found, remove it from your system permanently.
- Now check for improvement.
So this is all about the Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes reported issue and its sure solutions. At the end of this article, we hope that this article helped you to resolve the issues quickly. If you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, please leave a comment in the below comment box.