Fortnite is an online, free-to-play Battle Royale game with more than 350 million registered players globally. Since its outburst in 2017, it has been one of the favorite games amongst gaming enthusiasts. However, lately, a lot of gamers have been reportedly complaining about the Fortnite Crashing issue on their PC.
As per the suffered users, while they try to launch or play Fortnite, the game suddenly crashes down, keeping them from playing it any further. Though this one is very common issue, and we have found several fixes for the same. Have a look down below:
Fixes for “Fortnite Crashing issue on PC”?
FIX 1: Lower your game graphics settings:
The Fortnite Crashing issue on your PC can at times be a result of high game graphics settings. Here the best solution is to lower down the graphic settings and check whether it helps or not.
FIX 2: Update your graphics driver:
The Fortnite Crashing issue on your PC can arise due to Outdated, Corrupt, or Broken drivers. Here, the best solution is to update all the available drivers on your computer and check whether it helps or not. To update the driver, you can follow these steps,
Note: Users can update the drivers on their system in two ways: Manually and Automatically. The manual process is time taking and requires considerable effort, whereas the automatic process get the work done in no time with minimal effort.
For updating your driver automatically,
- You can use any reliable third-party driver updating tools available online. There are quite a lot of options available online for you to choose from.
For updating your graphics driver manually,
- Firstly, right-click on the Windows icon on your desktop and select Device Manager from the context menu.
- Now inside the Device Manager window, expand all the sections, locate your drivers, right-click over them and select the option Update driver.
- Further, follow the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the process.
- Once done, restart your computer and re-run Fortnite to check whether it works smoothly or if it crashes again.
FIX 3: Change your TDR settings:
The TDR recovery level setting is one of the main triggers for the Fortnite Crashing issue on your PC. Here we recommend you change the TDR settings and check whether it helps or not. To change the TDR settings, follow these steps,
- Firstly, go to the taskbar search box, type Regedit, and launch Registry Editor from the search results.
- Now inside the Registry Editor , move to the File (From the vertical menu) and then select Export option.
- On the screen further, select a location where you want to save the backup copy, type the File name in the file name box, and then click on the Save tab.
Once you have successfully saved a backup copy for your registry, you can further import that copy and undo your changes, anytime you find, any issue with them.
Below steps will change TDR setting,
- Now inside the Registry editor window, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers.
- Right-click over any white space in the right-pane menu and then select New -> QWORD (64-bit) Value.
- Here, rename the new value as TdrLevel.
- Further double-click on the TdrLevel file, set the Data Value to 0, and then click on OK.
- Now close the Registry Editor window, restart your computer and re-run Fortnite to check whether the said issue got resolved or not.
FIX 4: Stop overclocking your CPU:
At times an Overclocked CPU can trigger the Fortnite Crashing issue and keep the user from playing the game any further. As it is said at, an increased CPU speed can undermine any game’s stability; thus, it is always advisable to stop overclocking your CPU.
We have presented the top 4 fixes for the “Fortnite Crashing issue on PC.” Considering all the possible scenarios that can lead to crash Fortnite, we have tried to compile the most helpful and proven fixes in the list.
At the end of this article, we hope that you will find all the information mentioned above relevant and helpful in resolving the game crashing issue. After reading this article, have any doubts or queries, please write down the comment in the given comment box.