Epic Games recently officially launched Fortnite Chapter 3 for all platform players. The new game allows players to enjoy new islands and locations. As the players enjoyed the game enormously, some players reported that they encountered crashing and freezing issues. As per a few players, they couldn’t even launch the game sometimes.
This issue is quite common in new games, and game developers always release a new patch to eliminate such issues. Anyway, after noticing frequent complaints from players around the globe, we have found few solutions for the Fortnite Chapter 3 Crashing/Freezing or Won’t Launching issues on PC. Going forward through this article, you can learn some solutions that can help you solve similar issues. Let’s have a look.
- Ensure no unwanted app/programs are running in the background.
- Check your internet connection accuracy.
- Disable Antivirus temporarily.
- Install the latest game patch.
If your system meets the requirements to run the game, then you can move to the definite solutions given below.
Fix 1: You Need to Run the Game as Administrator:
You can get started by running the game with administrative access to resolve the Fortnite Chapter 3 crashing/freezing issues. To do so,
- Firstly, move to the Fortnite Chapter 3 installation folder.
- Then right-click on the Fortnite Chapter 3.exe file and choose its Properties.
- Inside the Fortnite Chapter 3.exe window, select the Compatibility tab from the top and tick the checkbox beside Run this program as an administrator under the Settings section.
- Finally, click on the OK button, relaunch the game and see the result.
Fix 2: Check the Integrity of Game Files:
Sometimes any game file can get corrupted for no reason. In that case, your game will not launch properly on the PC. To overcome this situation, you need to check the integrity of the game files.
To do so,
- Firstly, launch Epic Launcher and go to its Library.
- Then select Fortnite Chapter 3 and click on the three horizontal dots beside the same.
- In the newly opened prompt, select Verify and let wait to complete the process.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see the result.
Fix 3: Switch to DirectX 11:
Some users get over the Fortnite Chapter 3 crashing or freezing issue by launching the game in DirectX 11. You can also try the same trick in your case. to do so,
- Firstly, launch the Epic Game Launcher and click on Settings.
- Then locate and expand Fortnite Chapter 3 from the list.
- Now tick the checkbox beside Additional Command Line Arguments.
- And in the text box, type -d3d11.
- Finally, restart the game and see the result.
Fix 4: Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable:
The next effective solution to overcome the Fortnite Chapter 3 crashing or won’t launching issue is reinstalling or repairing Visual C++ Redistributable. To do so,
- Firstly, download the Visual C++ Redistributable from the Microsoft page.
- You need to download both x64 and x86 versions.
- Once downloaded, launch the executable file and select Repair ( if available).
- After the repair/reinstallation is completed, restart the system and see the issue is resolved or not.
Fix 5: Update Driver:
If any system files get corrupted or damaged, then also you will not be able to launch Fortnite Chapter 3, and the game might crash on the home screen. Here what you can simply do is update your graphics driver. To do so,
- Firstly, in your Taskbar search box, type Device Manager.
- Inside the Device Manager window, select and expand the Display adapters section.
- Then select and right-click on your Graphics driver.
- Now click on the Update driver option from the sub-menu.
- Finally, restart the PC and see the result.
Fix 6: Disable Overlay:
Overlays help you enjoy an enhanced gaming experience. But sometimes, this might cause to crash/freeze the game on your PC. In this scenario, you need to disable Overlay to escape from the same issue. To do so,
In GeForce Experience,
- Firstly, open GeForce Experience on your system and select its Settings icon from the top right side of the screen.
- Then toggle Off beside In-game overlay from the right side of the screen.
- Firstly, open Discord on your system and click on its Settings icon from the bottom left side of the screen.
- On the next screen, select Overlay.
- Then toggle Off beside the Enable in-game overlay from the newly opened screen and check for improvement.
Fix 7: Adjust Compatibility Mode:
Sometimes adjusting in Compatibility mode might help you in resolving the Fortnite Chapter 3 crashing or freezing issue. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the following path,
C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64\
- Then select and right-click over the FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe file and select Properties.
- Inside the Properties window, select the Compatibility tab.
- And tick the checkbox beside the Run this program in compatibility mode for.
- Then select the Windows version.
- Also, tick the checkbox beside Disable full screen optimizations.
- Finally, click on Apply and OK button and see the issue is resolved for you.
Fix 8: Update Windows:
You can also update your Windows to the latest version to get rid of the Fortnite Chapter 3 crashing or freezing issue. to do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I to launch the Settings app.
- Then select Windows Update and click on Check for updates button.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see the result.
Fix 9: Reinstall the Game:
If any of the above fixes do not help you, then you need to uninstall the game and reinstall it from a reliable source. While doing so will erase existing errors and launch the game freshly without any issues.
So these are all the reliable solutions to resolve the Fortnite Chapter 3 crashing/freezing or not launching issue in your PC. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.