Forspoken is a massive role-playing action-adventure game published by Square Enix. Players of the game can follow Frey’s journey to save Athia and its inhabitants using her newfound magical abilities and parkour skills.
But a few players reported that when they started the game, after a few minutes, they got an error message in the middle of the screen, “File was broken, please try reinstall” following this, the game suddenly crashed at the startup screen.
If you are struggling with Forspoken crashing or not launching issues on your system, it should be a great disappointment. But don’t worry, we have listed a few solutions in this article to solve your problem quickly. So go through the solution and resume the gameplay smoothly.
Fix 1: Run the Game as Admin
The first attempt to resolve the Forspoken Crashing or Won’t Launch issue is running the game with administrative access. To do so,
- Go to the Forspoken installation folder->right-click on the Forspoken.exe file-> choose Properties.
- Then select the Compatibility tab from the top menu-> tick beside Run this program as an administrator and click on the OK button.
Fix 2: Update Driver
Another solution is updating your graphics driver to the latest version. To do so,
- Open the Device Manager->Display adapters-> right-click on Graphics card-> select Update driver from the sub-menu.
You can also update the graphics card by going through the manufacturer’s official website, then download and install the latest version and see if the said problem gets fixed for you.
Fix 3: Disable Overclocking
If you are using MSI Afterburner or Rivatuner, you should disable those tools and restart the game. This trick has helped many players, that’s why we recommend it here. After disabling the overclocking tool, see if the error prompt appears again or not.
Fix 4: Repair Game Files
Sometimes simply verifying your game files will help you to escape from crashing or won’t launch issues quickly. To do so,
- Open Steam->Library-> right-click on Forspoken->Properties-> Local Files-> click on Verify Integrity of game files from the right side of the screen.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see if any issues troubling you or not.
Fix 5: Use a Dedicated GPU
If the game is highly graphics intensive, then you should run the game on a dedicated GPU. To do so,
- Open Graphics Settings screen-> select Graphics Performance Preference-> click on Browse-> select Forspoken from the installation folder.
- Once the game is added to the list-> click on three dots beside the Forspoken-> click on Options-> select High Performance and restart the game.
Fix 6: Launch the Game in DX11
You can launch the game in DirectX 11 to resolve the won’t launch issue in Forspoken. To do so,
- Open Steam-> Library-> right-click on Forspoken-> Properties-> General tab-> under Launch Options, type “-dx11” and start the game.
Fix 7: Disable Antivirus
Most reports say that a third-party antivirus like Panda Dome is the cause of the crashing problem in Forspoken. In this case, you need to disable the antivirus program and start the game to see the result. If the game is running smoothly now, you should switch to a new reliable antivirus program.
Fix 8: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions helps to resolve crashing or not launching issues in Forspoken, then you should uninstall the game and reinstall its latest version.
Anyway, these are the top solutions to resolve Forspoken crashing or Won’t launch issues on PC. In addition, you should check and make sure the DirectX package and Visual C++ Redistributable are updated to the latest version. Once checked and updated, you may be able to play the game without any issues.