Farming Simulator is a recently launched popular multiplayer video game developed by GIANTS Software. The game offers a wide range of farming options, from agriculture, animal husbandry to deep foresting. Shortly after its release, few complaints began to emerge from the game. Recently, several users have been complaining that Farming Simulator 22 is Crashing and not launching properly.
This crashing/shuttering and not launching issue is quite common in newly released video games, so there is no space for worry. After in-depth research, we have compiled a few solutions to tackle these issues quickly and make you able to play the game without any hassle. If you are also encountering the same issues, then you can follow this article till the end to acquit with all the possible solutions. Let’s have a look,
- Make sure you have accurate internet connectivity.
- Disable the Antivirus installed in the system.
- Deactivate all the unwanted apps/services running in the background.
- Ensure you installed the latest game patch.
If any of the above ticks are not resolved by the Farming Simulator 22 Crashing/ Shuttering and Not Launching issue, then you can move to the detailed solutions listed below.
Fix 1: You need to check the Integrity of Game Files:
If you are experiencing Farming Simulator 22 Crashing/ Shuttering and Not Launching issue on your system, then the leading cause of this issue might be the corrupted game’s files. Here you need to check the integrity of game files by following the steps given below,
- Firstly launch Stream client and select the Library.
- Then inside the Library, select and right-click on Farming Simulator 22 and select the Properties option.
- On the next window, select the Local Files and click on Verify integrity of game files.
- Once done, restart the game and check the said crashing and freezing issue is resolved or not.
Fix 2: Update Graphics Driver:
The graphics card is a crucial component for the smooth running of games. If the graphics driver is outdated or damaged, you might encounter crashing / shuttering and not launching issues. In this scenario, you need to update the Graphics driver as soon as possible. To do so,
- Firstly, type Device Manager in the search box and open the relevant search result.
- Inside the Device Manager window, expand the option Display adapters and select the Graphics card driver you need to update.
- Then right-click on the Graphics driver and select Update driver from the drop-down menu.
- Once done, restart the system and check the said issue is resolved for you or not.
Fix 3: Turn off Overlays
Another solution to tackle the Farming Simulator 22 Crashing/ Shuttering and Not Launching issue is turning off the Overlays. To do so,
For GeForce Experience:
- Firstly, launch the GeForce Experience and then click over the Settings icon from the top right corner of the screen.
- Then toggle Off the In-game overlay feature from the left-pane menu.
- Firstly, launch Discord and then click on the Settings icon, can see it from the bottom left corner.
- Then click on the Overlay option from the left pane menu.
- Now toggle off the Enable in-game overlay option from the right side of the window.
Fix 4: Install Latest Visual C++ Redistributable Package:
Sometimes repairing the Visual C++ Redistributable Package will help you to resolve the Farming Simulator 22 Crashing/ Shuttering and Not Launching issue. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the official website of Visual C++ Redistributable Package.
- Then click on the X86 and X64 files and download them.
- Now open both the downloaded files and in the prompt, click on Repair.
- Once the process is completed, restart the system and check the issue is resolved or not.
Fix 5: Set the Graphics Settings to High Performance:
Configuring the graphics settings to high performance might help you to resolve the Farming Simulator 22 Crashing/ Shuttering and Not Launching issue for you. To do so,
- Firstly, type Graphics settings in the search box and open the relevant search result.
- Inside the Graphics settings window, click on the Browse button and move to the Farming Simulator 22 installation folder.
- Then open the Game folder and choose the FarmingSimulator2022.exe file and click on the Add button.
- Once the game is added, click on the Options, select the High performance in the Graphics preference prompt and click on the Save button.
- Again click on the Browse button and select the X64 folder from the newly opened window.
- Then click on the FarmingSimulator2022Game.exe file and click on Add button.
- Once the game is added again, click on the Options, select the High performance in the Graphics preference prompt, and click on the Save button.
- Finally, relaunch the game and check the said issue is resolved or not.
Fix 6: Update Windows:
If your Windows is outdated, then also the Farming Simulator 22 Crashing/ Shuttering and Not Launching on PC. Here you need to do is update your Windows. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I altogether to launch the Settings app.
- Inside the Settings app, select Windows Update from the left pane menu.
- Then click on Check for update button and let the updating process complete on its own.
- Once done, you can relaunch the game and check for improvement.
Fix 7: Launch the game with Administrative access:
You can run the game with administrative access to get rid of the Farming Simulator 22 Crashing/ Shuttering and Not Launching on PC. To do so,
- Firstly, please move to the Farming Simulator 2022 installation folder, select and right-click on the FarmingSimulator22.exe file and select its Properties.
- Then in the newly opened window, select the Compatibility tab and tick the checkbox beside the Run this program as an administrator option under the Settings section.
- Now click on the OK in order to save all the changes.
- Once done, relaunch the game and check the said issue is resolved or not.
So these are all the potential fixes to resolve the Farming Simulator 22 Crashing/ Shuttering and Not Launching issues. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.