Usually to spare some nice time, you might sometimes play games using your Xbox console. But while trying to play a game or running an app, if you encounter an error message it will be a disaster to your leisure time and you will get disappointed then. As we said, few gamers recently complained that when they try to run a game they encounter an Error Code 0x80070490 On Xbox App with a message “something went wrong error”.
If you are also facing Error Code 0x80070490 On Xbox App then you are at the right place. In this article, we have gathered a few solutions that should help you to run any games on the Xbox app without any issues and you will never miss your entertainment time. Then let’s go through the solution and resume the gameplay quickly. Have a look.
Causes of the Error Code 0x80070490 On Xbox App
- Software glitch
- Login account issue
- Issue with the Console
Fixes for the Error Code 0x80070490 On Xbox App
Fix 1: Restart the Console
The prime step to resolve the Error Code 0x80070490 On Xbox App is restarting the console. To do so,
- Press the Xbox button, choose Profile and System, choose Settings and click on General.
- Then select Power mode & Startup and choose the Full Shutdown option.
- Again press the Shutdown option and continue the process.
Fix 2: Logout and Login Again
Another simple trick you can try is logout from the account and after a few seconds login again into the account and see if the issue is resolved or not.
Fix 3: Update Xbox and Gaming Services Apps
Sometimes updating the Xbox and gaming services app will help you to resolve Error Code 0x80070490 issues.
- Inside your taskbar search box, type “Store” and open Microsoft Store app.
- Then select Library and under the Updates & Settings section check for Xbox/ Gaming Services apps updates, if available, update them and try again to run the game.
Fix 4: Power Cycle Xbox
If you are still facing the Error Code 0x80070490 On Xbox App, then you should power cycle the Xbox app. To do so,
- Switch off the Xbox app (press and hold Xbox button for around 10 seconds), then unplug the power cable.
- After 10-20 seconds plug back the power cable and press the Xbox app to turn on the console.
- Once done, retry to run the game and see the result.
Fix 5: Reset Console
The last solution to resolve Error Code 0x80070490 is reset the Xbox app. To do so,
- Press the Xbox button on the console and click on Profile & Settings option.
- Then click on System and choose the Console info option.
- Now choose the Reset Console option and select the options as per your need and reset the console.
There are the best and simplest solutions you can try to eliminate Error Code 0x80070490 On Xbox App. At the end of this article we hope the information given above helps you to resolve the issue.