Recently, a few users complained that they received an error code 0x8007000d while installing the latest cumulative update KB5017328 on their Windows 11. Once the error code appeared on the screen, it prevented users from completing the installation process and loses the opportunity to experience the new improvements compressed in the update.
If you are facing a similar problem, you can try the solutions provided in this article. We are sure that any solution listed below will help you and let you install the KB5017328 update on Windows 11 smoothly. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Run Update Troubleshooter
As the first step to resolve the Error Code 0x8007000d While Installing Update KB5017328 on Windows 11 is running the Windows built-in Update troubleshooter. To do so,
- Open Start menu-> select Settings-> System-> Troubleshooter-> Other troubleshooter-> click on Run button beside Windows Update.
- Once done, you can install the latest update easily.
Fix 2: Use Windows 11 Installation Assistant
Sometimes installing the Windows 11 Installation Assistant will help you to escape from the Error Code 0x8007000d While Installing Update KB5017328 on Windows 11. To do so,
- Go to Windows 11 Installation Assistant-> click on Download now button.
- Once done, install the file on your PC and try again to install the update.
Fix 3: Use Windows 11 Media Creation Tool
Sometimes installing the Windows 11 Media creation tool will help you to escape from the same error. To do so,
- Open the Windows 11 Media Creation tool->go to Create Windows 11 Installation Media section-> click on Download now button.
- Once done, you can install the file on your system and retry to install the update.
Fix 4: Reset Windows Update Service
In some cases, resetting the Windows Update Service will help you to install the Update KB5017328 without the discussed error code. To do so,
- Open Services window-> scroll down and right-click on Windows Update service and select Properties.
- Inside the new screen, set Startup type as Automatic and Service status as Running, click on the Restart option from the left top screen, save the changes and install the update again.
Fix 5: Reset Background Intelligent Transfer Service
If the above solution doesn’t help you, then you need to restart the Background Intelligent Transfer service as well. To do so,
- Open Services window-> scroll down and right-click on Background Intelligent Transfer service and select Properties.
- Inside the new screen, set Startup type as Automatic and Service status as Running, click on the Restart option from the left top screen.
- Finally, save the changes and install the update again.
Fix 6: Reset Windows Update Components
At times, resetting Windows Update components may help resolve the same issue. To do so,
- Open Command Prompt window with admin access and type or paste the following command,
SC config trustedinstaller start=auto
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop msiserver
net stop cryptsvc
net stop appidsvc
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dl
regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset proxy
rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start msiserver
net start cryptsvc
net start appidsvc
- Once done, you can install the update again and feel the result.
Fix 7: Use Microsoft Update Catalog
With these fixes, you can install the Update KB5017328 on your Windows 11 from the Microsoft Update Catalog. To do so,
- Go to the Microsoft Update Catalog page-> type Update “KB5017328” in the search box, and download the suitable file from the list.
- Once done, install the file, and your update process is complete.
These are all about Error Code 0x8007000d While Installing Update KB5017328 on Windows 11 and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.