A few Windows users have recently reported that Error Code 0X000000C5 is blocking their way to completing their daily tasks. As per some suffering users, their system shuts down abruptly and a blue screen appears on the screen with the above error message. This is not a complicated issue, but if you ignore it, it can lead to a serious problem, which can damage the stability of your system.
The same error can have many causes, including a fatal error in the kernel, which is crucial to startup Windows system and handle input/output systems, corrupted RAM and many more. If you are also facing error code 0X000000C5 on your system, you can rely on the solutions listed in this article to get rid of it. Then let’s have a look.
Causes of Error Code 0X000000C5
- Corrupted Kernel
- Memory Issue
- Outdated Driver
- Antivirus program
Fixes for the Error Code 0X000000C5 on Windows
Fix 1: Check CPU Temperature
If you are playing a game on your system, the ideal temperature would be above 70 celsius, but the normal temperature of the system is between 30-40 celsius. Here error code 0X000000C5 appears due to high CPU temperature, then you need to lower the CPU temperature to get rid of the same problem. To do so,
- Open your browser and download the CoreTemp application on your system.
- Launch Setup Wizard->continue the Installation steps.
- During the Setting up process, ensure you uncheck the installation of bloatware by unticking beside the Build your kingdom with Goodgame Empire option.
- After installation, launch the software-> go to the Temperature readings section and close unnecessary programs. Now the issue might get resolved for you.
Fix 2: Repair Hard Disk
If your system hard drive is corrupted, it can destroy system information, startup settings, etc. In this case, you can repair the hard disk and see the result. To do so,
- Open Command Prompt screen on the screen by pressing Windows + R keys altogether.
- Then type or paste the following command and press Enter button,
Chkdsk /f /r
- Once done, compete for the scan and repair process and launch your system
Fix 3: Disable Overlay
Sometimes third-party overlays installed on your Windows can cause error code 0X000000C5. To run your system smoothly without similar issues, you can start the system with the overlay feature disabled.
Fix 4: Disable Antivirus
In case you have activated a third-party antivirus program on your system, temporarily disable that protection and check whether the error message disappeared on your screen. Error code 0X000000C5 is mainly reported on the system using SUPERAntiSpyware, Avira Antivirus and Security Essentials protection programs. Here you can disable these programs or switch to other reliable antivirus tools.
Fix 5: Update Driver
If your Driver is outdated then also you will face a Black Screen of Death Error 0X000000C5on your Windows. In this case, you need to update your driver and reboot the system to see the result. To do so,
- Open Device Manager-> expand every section to find outdated drivers (you can see a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark)-> right-click on the Outdated driver -> select Update driver from the sub-menu.
- Once done, see if the error is solved or not. If not, then you need to uninstall the driver by choosing Uninstall device instead of the Update driver option.
- Finally, restart the system, during the reboot your Windows will install missing drivers automatically.
Fix 6: Update Windows
Microsoft releases new updates at regular intervals to avoid similar issues, so you should check and update your Windows to the latest version and see the result. To do so,
- Open Settings->Windows Update-> click on Check for updates tab and wait to complete the process.
- Once done, the system will run smoothly.
Fix 7: Run SFC Scan
If any system files get corrupted, you will face a 0X000000C5 error in your Windows. The most effective solution is to check and repair system files. To do so,
- Open Command Prompt window, type or paste the following command and press Enter,
- Once done, you can execute the following commands to restore repaired files,
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Finally, restart the system and see if the error is eliminated or not.
Fix 8: Delete Steam Program Files
In case you get a 0X000000C5 error on your Windows while playing games via Steam, you need to delete some files to get rid of it. To do so,
- Exit from Steam-> go to Steam Installation folder->click % PROGRAMFILES(X86) %\Steam-> select all the content except (steam.exe or steamapps folder), delete selected contents and relaunch Steam.
- Now you need to update some files and give permission, this process will start automatically and your problem will get solved.
These are the effective solutions to escape from the Error Code 0X000000C5 on your Windows. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.