A few Windows 11 users reported that they tried to add a new printer after the latest Windows update, and they received an error message- “we can’t install this printer right now. Try again later or contact your network administrator for help with the Error: #740”. However, the Windows update fixes many bugs but, in parallel, creates new bugs.
There might be several reasons for the same issue, such as damaged printer servers, the printer being incompatible with the system, and many more. If you have a similar issue and it prevents you from completing your urgent work, you are in the right place. You can follow this article extensively and try the solution listed below to get rid of the same error. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Run the Program as Admin Access
As a first attempt to resolve the Error 704 printer issue is to open any apps with administrative privilege. To a great extent, this will help you to run any apps on your system without any trouble. To do so,
- Firstly, select the App you need to open, right-click on it and choose its Properties option.
- Then select the Compatible tab and tick the checkbox beside Run this program as an administrator option.
- Finally, relaunch the app and feel the differences.
Fix 2: Run the Command
Sometimes running a few commands in your system will help you to resolve Error 740 While Adding a Printer issue quickly. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Command Prompt window on your system screen and type the following commands, and press Enter,
rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /il
- Once done, restart the system and try to reinstall the printer.
Fix 3: Disable User Account Control
At times disabling the User Account Control will help you to resolve Error 740 While Adding a Printer issue effectively to your system. To do so,
- Firstly, type Windows + R to open the RUN dialog box, type “useraccountcontrolsettings” and press OK.
- On the newly opened screen, set to bar level to Never Notify and save the changes.
- Finally, reinstall the printer and see the result.
Fix 4: Create New Admin Account
Another solution to resolve Error 740 While Adding a Printer issue to your system is to create a new admin account. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Settings menu on your desktop and click on the Account option.
- Then click on the Family & other users option and click on the Add account beside the Other users option
- In the new Microsoft prompt, click on the I don’t have this person’s sign-in information link.
- On the new screen, click on the Add a user without a Microsoft account and click on Next.
- Now type new Username and Password at the given boxes and click on Next.
- Once done, reinstall the printer using the new account and see the result.
These are all about Error 740 While Adding a Printer on Windows 11 and its fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.