Lately, quite a few Windows 11 users have complained about the Error Code 43 issue, and they are worried about why it happened and how to overcome it. However, a similar error can usually occur as a result of an external USB device or its driver failing to respond. When the same error appears, the system automatically stops working to prevent further damage and you receive the error message “Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43)”.
If you are getting the same error message on your system, then you are not alone, and you can follow this article to get all the possible solutions. Here we have listed a few solutions for Driver Error Code 43, and one of these will help you to get rid of the same. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Unplug the Device
The first step to fixing device driver error code 43 in Windows 11 is to unplug your external USB driver from the port and reconnect it to a different port. Once done, you can check whether your system is working properly or not.
Fix 2: Update Driver
If the issue persists, then you need to update the driver on your system. to do so,
- Open Device Manager-> expand Display adapters->right-click on Graphics driver-> select Update driver and continue with the process.
- Once done, you can check whether the issue gets eliminated from your system screen or not.
- If not, then you need to right-click on your Graphics driver and select the Uninstall device option.
- Finally, restart the system, and during the rebooting process your Windows will automatically install missing drivers, and you can operate the system smoothly.
Note: You can also check and update other drivers installed on your system.
Fix 3: Roll Back Driver Update
Sometimes rolling back the driver update will help you to escape from the same issue. To do so,
- Open Device Manager->Display adapters->right-click on Graphics driver-> select Properties.
- Then choose the Driver tab->click on the Roll Back Driver option and complete the process.
- You can follow the same steps to roll back other drivers as well.
Fix 4: Update Windows
If your Windows operating system gets outdated, you will face a similar error message. Here you can update your Windows and see the error message persisting on your screen. To do so,
- Open the Start menu->click on Windows Update->select the Check for updates button and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Finally, restart the system and check for the error message.
Fix 5: Use USB Drive in Another System
Another solution to fix the same problem is to connect your USB device to another system and eject it properly. Once done, you can connect the device to your system, and you will be free from the said problems.
Fix 6: Use Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
Sometimes simply running the system Hardware and Devices troubleshooter will help you to escape from the same issue. To do so,
- Press Windows + R to open the RUN dialog box, type ‘msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic’ and press OK.
- Then click on the Advanced option-> tick checkbox beside Apply repairs automatically, and press Next.
- Once the process gets completed, you can start the system and check whether everything is fine or not.
These are all about the Device Driver Error Code 43 on Windows 11 and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.