The Witch Queen is a major extension for Destiny 2; this is the first shooter game developed by Bungie. Shortly after its release, several players reported they were messed up by the crashing issue. As per some players, they are unable to log in after downloading The Witch Queen for Destiny 2, and some players have been falling into server queues.
There can be a number of reasons for this issue, including outdated drivers, antivirus intervention and many more. If you are experiencing the Destiny 2: The Witch Queen crashing issue, you can get all the solutions from this article. Here we have tried to list all the possible solutions to overcome the same issue quickly. So, let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Check System Requirements:
Before moving on to any solution, you need to make sure that your system meets all the minimum requirements for the smooth running of the game on your PC. To test it, you can go through this link and change the configuration of your system accordingly.
Fix 2: Update Driver:
If any of the drivers installed on your system get outdated, then the Destiny 2: The Witch Queen crash or freeze at the startup screen. The best effective trick you can apply here is updating your driver to the latest version. To do so.
- Firstly, type Device Manager on your computer search box and open the top search result.
- Then expand the section Display adapters and right-click on the outdated Graphics Driver.
- Now click on the Update driver from the sub-menu.
- And you can update all the other outdated drivers as well.
- Finally, check the game is crashing or not.
Fix 3: Disable Mouse/Keyboard Software:
As per some players, disabling the Mouse/Keyboard software ( In their case Razer Synapse) helped them to resolve the Destiny 2: The Witch Queen crashing issue easily. After loading up the game, you can enable all the peripheral software.
Fix 4: Disable Overlay:
Sometimes, enabled overlays might be the main reason for the Destiny 2: The Witch Queen crashing or lagging issue. In this case, you can disable the overlays and see the result. To do so,
In GeForce Experience,
- Firstly, open GeForce Experience and click on its Settings icon.
- Then select the In-game overlay option and turn off the toggle beside the same.
- Firstly, open Discord and click on the Settings icon.
- Then select the Overlay option from the next screen.
- And turn off the toggle beside the Enable in-game overlay option.
Fix 5: Install DirectX:
In some cases, installing the latest version of DirectX might help you to get rid of the Destiny 2: The Witch Queen crashing or freezing issue. To do so,
- Firstly, launch your browser and go to the official download webpage of DirectX.
- Then select the language and click on the Download button.
- Once done, install it on your system and mark the changes.
Fix 6: You Can Check Game Files Integrity:
At times, just verifying game files’ integrity might help you resolve the Destiny 2: The Witch Queen crashing or shuttering issue quickly. If any game files get corrupted during the installation process, you will receive several issues. To check integrity,
- Firstly, open Steam and navigate to the Library section.
- Inside the Library, right-click on Destiny 2: The Witch Queen and select its Properties.
- Then choose the Local File from the left side of the newly opened screen and click on the Verify integrity of game files.
- Finally, restart the system and feel the changes.
Fix 7: Lower Graphics Settings:
Some players reported that simply lowering the Graphics Settings helped them to resolve the Destiny 2: The Witch Queen crashing or lagging issue. Of course, you can also try the same and feel the difference.
Fix 8: Perform a Clean Boot:
Another effective solution to tackle Destiny 2: The Witch Queen crashing and freezing issue is clean booting the system to remove problematic apps. To do so,
- Firstly, type System Configuration on your system search box and open the top result.
- Then select the Services tab and tick the box beside the Hide all Microsoft services option.
- And tick box near the Disable all and OK button.
- Now move to the Startup tab and select the Open Task Manager link.
- Inside the Task Manager, select the Startup tab and disable one task at a time and relaunch the game to see the current issue is resolved or not.
- If yes, then you need to remove that app from your system permanently.
- Finally, restart the system and play the game without any issue.
Fix 9: Reinstall the Game:
Sometimes reinstalling the Destiny 2: The Witch Queen might help you to get rid of the crashing issue. So first, uninstall the game and its associated files from the computer and reinstall it from a reliable source.
These are all about the Destiny 2: The Witch Queen crashing issue, and its sure fixes. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.