Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the most cumulative action-packed video games released in 2020. The action takes place in a night city set in an open world in a cyberpunk universe. A significant flaw in Cyberpunk 2077 is that some players reported the game is crashing / freezing issue on their system and are unable to continue playing.
Although some players get mysterious errors during gameplay or at the time of game launch, there might be many reasons for this issue, and more solutions are available here. Anyway, in this article, we have collected a few fixes for troubleshooting Cyberpunk 2077, crashing/freezing or launching on PC. So let’s look at the solutions mentioned below, apply them and continue the game without any interruptions.
- You must need to install the latest game patch.
- Disable unwanted apps/programs in the background.
- Check internet connection signal strength.
- Ensure your meet the minimum requirement to run the game smoothly.
- Update Windows
Fix 1: You can Verify the Integrity of Game Files:
As an initial attempt to resolve the Cyberpunk 2077 crashing/freezing issue is verifying the integrity of game files. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam and go to Library.
- Then select and right-click over Cyberpunk 2077 and click on its Properties option.
- Now select the Local Files option and click on Verify integrity of game files.
- Firstly, open GOG Galaxy and go to Library.
- Then select Cyberpunk 2077 from the game list and click on the Settings icon.
- Now select the Manage Installation option and click on Verify/Repair.
On Epic Launcher,
- Firstly, launch Epic Game Launcher and go to the Library section.
- Then select Cyberpunk 2077 from the list and click on the three dots beside the same.
- Now click on Verify option from the sub-menu.
- Finally, restart the game and relaunch it and see the results.
Fix 2: Update Driver:
If your graphics driver gets damaged, then Cyberpunk 2077 might not launch properly on the PC. Here you need to update the driver to the latest version and check for improvement.
To do so,
- Firstly, in the taskbar search box, type Device Manager and open it.
- Then select and expand the option Display adapters and select your Graphics driver.
- Right-click on the driver and select the Update driver option sub-menu.
- Finally, restart the PC and see the result.
Fix 3: Disable Overlay:
If Cyberpunk 2077 keeps crashing at startup, then you need to disable Overlay to get rid of the same issue. To do so,
- Firstly, launch GOG Galaxy and go to its Library.
- Then click on the Settings icon from the bottom left side of the screen.
- Inside the Settings window, untick the checkbox beside In-Game Overlay.
- Finally, click on OK, relaunch the game and check how you can play the game smoothly.
Fix 4: Stop Overclocking:
If Cyberpunk 2077 won’t launch at the startup, then you need to stop Overclocking. This Overclocking feature enhances the game performance but causes some issues. To avoid such problematic situations, you should disable Overclocking and set clock speed as default.
Fix 5: Lower In-Game Settings:
Sometimes lowering In-Game Settings might help you to escape from the Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing or Freezing issue. This trick helps to reduce the stress on your GPU and make the game run smoothly on your system. To do so,
- Firstly, launch Cyberpunk 2077 and select its Settings.
- Inside the Settings, select the Video tab from the top menu and toggle Off VSync feature.
- Then go to the Graphics tab and set all the options under the Advanced section to Middle or Low.
- And turn Off the Ray Tracing option from the list.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see your game is now crashing or not.
Fix 6: Run SFC Scan:
If any of your game files get corrupted or damaged, then also the Cyberpunk 2077 might not launch on your PC. In this scenario, you need to run the SFC tool to repair damaged system files. Several players tried this tactic, and the issue gets resolved for them. To do so,
- Firstly, in the search box, type cmd and open the Command Prompt window (open it with Run as administrator).
- Inside the Command Prompt window, you can type the following command and press Enter key,
- Then type the below-given command and press Enter key,
dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Finally, relaunch the game and check now the game is launching or not.
Fix 7: Reinstall the Game:
If any of the above solutions do not help you, you need to uninstall and reinstall the game from a trusted source. Sometimes a clean installation is required to fix these issues.
So, these are all about the Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing/Freezing/Shuttering or Won’t Launching on PC issue and its fixes. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.