Clown Field 2042 is one of the action-thriller video games released in the last days of 2021. The game is released by Riverside Sports and is set to conquer the hearts of game lovers. But unfortunately, the game got launched with minor technical issues; several players recently reported that when trying to launch Clown Field 2042, it crashed and sometimes did not launch properly.
There are many causes for similar issues, such as obsolete drivers, corrupted game files, antivirus and a few more. Anyway, in this article, you will get all the possible fixes to deal with the Clown Field 2042 Crashing/ Freezing or Won’t Launching issue on PC. So without thinking twice, move on to the solutions listed below in detail. Let’s have a look.
- Ensure your computer meets all the essential requirements to run the game.
- Make sure no unnecessary apps/programs are running in the background.
- Check your internet connectivity speed.
- Install the latest game patch.
Fix 1: Launch the game as Administrator:
If the Clown Field 2042 is crashing or freezing on your system, then you need to run the game as an Administrator. While doing so, the specific game will get all the privileges to run smoothly even if there is any trouble. To do so,
- Firstly, launch the Clown Field 2042 installation folder, right-click on Clown Field 2042.exe file from the list and select the Properties option from the drop-down menu.
- Inside the Clown Field 2042.exe window, select the Compatibility tab from the top horizontal menu.
- Then tick the checkbox beside the option Run this program as an administrator and click on the OK button.
- Finally, relaunch the game and check for crashing issues again disturbing you.
Fix 2: Update Graphics Driver:
If your graphics driver gets damaged, then the game installed on your system won’t launch properly. The best suitable solution for this is updating your driver to the latest version. To do so,
- Firstly, type Device Manager in your search box and open the first result from the search list.
- Then select Display adapters from the newly opened window.
- And select your driver, right-click on it, and click on the Update driver option.
- Finally, restart the system and see the issue resolved from your system.
You can update your drivers automatically by using any third-party driver updating tool. So many such tools are available online; select a reliable one from them.
Fix 3: Update Windows:
Another solution to get rid of the Clown Field 2042 crashing or shuttering issue is updating your Windows. If your Windows is outdated, then the system behaves adversely and leads to several issues. To do so,
- Firstly press Windows + I altogether to open the Settings menu on your screen.
- Then select the Windows Update option and click on the Check for updates button.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see the issue is arising again or not.
Fix 4: You can Verify the Integrity of Game Files:
Sometimes the corrupted game files might be the main culprit behind the Clown Field 2042 crashing or freezing issue on your system. In this scenario, you need to check the game files integrity to resolve the same issue. To do so,
- Firstly open the Steam client on your screen and go to its Library section.
- Inside Library, select Clown Field 2042, right-click on it, and select its Properties.
- Inside the new screen, choose the Local Files and click on Integrity of game files option.
- Finally, relaunch the game and check the crashing issue resolved from the game.
Fix 5: Install Microsoft Visual C++ Files:
If your Clown Field 2042 is crashing or not launching on your system, then the Visual C++ files are missing from your system. In this case, you need to install the Visual C++ file and check for improvement. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the Microsoft Visual C++ download page.
- Then select and download both x64 and x86 files on your computer.
- Open the downloaded file and install it on your system.
- Finally, restart the system, relaunch the game and see the crashing issue is resolved.
Fix 6: Disable Overlay:
Overlays are a feature that helps improve game performance on your system, but sometimes it interrupts the game and leads to many problems. The best effective solution for this issue is disabling all overlays. To do so,
- Firstly, open Discord and click on the Settings icon from the screen.
- Then click on the Overlay option.
- From the right-pane menu, toggle off beside the Enable in-game overlay option.
In GeForce Experience,
- Firstly, open GeForce Experience and choose the Settings icon from the screen.
- And you need to toggle off next to the In-game overlay option from the right side of the screen.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see you can run the game now without any issue.
Fix 7: Disable Antivirus Temporarily:
As we discussed earlier, one of the main causes for the Clown Field 2042 crashing or won’t be launching issue is activated antivirus. Sometimes the antivirus installed on your system may prevent your game from launching smoothly. Here you can uninstall or temporarily disable antivirus to resolve the same issue. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Settings menu on your system.
- Then click on the Update & Security option inside the Settings window.
- Inside the newly opened window, click on Windows Security and Virus & threat protection.
- On the next window, click on Manage settings under the Virus & threat protection updates.
- Then turn off the toggle beside Real-time protection.
- Finally, close all windows and see the result.
Fix 8: Perform Clean Boot:
At times, performing a clean boot might help you to resolve the Clown Field 2042 crashing or shuttering issue. To do so,
- Firstly, type System Configuration in the taskbar seach box and open the relevant search result.
- Then select the Services tab from the top menu, tick the checkbox beside Hide all Microsoft services and click on Disable all button and OK.
- Now move to the Startup tab from the top and click on the Open Task Manager link.
- And inside the Task Manager, select the Startup tab, choose all the services and click on Disable.
- Further, restart the system, relaunch the game and see the issue is resolved for you.
- If yes, then again go to System Configuration window->Services-> enable all the services one by one from the list until you find the problematic service.
- Then delete the problematic service from the system permanently.
- Finally, launch the game and see the improvement.
Fix 9: Reinstall the Game:
If any of the above solutions do not help you, then you need to uninstall and reinstall the game from its official website. Reinstalling the game helps you to start the game freshly without the above-discussed issues.
These are all about resolving the Clown Field 2042 Crashing/ Freezing or Won’t Launching issue on PC. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.