Century: Age of Ashes shooter video game has just been released. The game was developed by Playwing and is now available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Series S and Microsoft Windows platforms. In this game, players can fly in the sky with unique dragons and fight each other with their friends online using the multiplayer feature. Lately, a few players reported while they started playing their Century: Age of Ashes, they noticed it was Crashing on the PC.
This is a frustrating issue, and you need to solve it as soon as possible to continue the game. Anyway, in this article, we have gathered few solutions to overcome the same crashing issue. If you are also encountering the Century: Age of Ashes Crashing issue, then you can follow this article to the end to get the most out of it. Let’s have a look.
- Check your System meets Minimum requirement to run the Century: Age of Ashes smoothly.
- Make sure you have stable and speedy internet connectivity.
- Ensure no unwanted applications or services are running in the background.
- Disable your Antivirus temporarily.
- Restart your Console, Game and PC
If any of the above tricks do not help you, then you need to move to the surefire solutions given below.
Fix 1: Run with Administrator:
If the Century: Age of Ashes started crashing on your PC, then you need to run the game with administrator privileges. When you do, your game will run on your system with all sorts of permissions. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the Century: Age of Ashes installation folder, then select and right-click over the Century: Age of Ashes.exe file.
- Now from the drop-down menu, select the Properties option.
- Then in the newly opened window, choose the Compatability tab from the top horizontal menu.
- And finally, tick the checkbox beside Run this program as an administrator option under the Settings section,
- Once done, click on the OK button and see the result.
Fix 2: You need to Verify the Integrity of Game Files:
If any Century: Age of Ashes files get corrupted, then the game might crash on the system. Here you need to check the integrity of game files to get rid of the same issue. To do so,
- Firstly, launch the Steam client and select the Library option.
- Inside Library, select and right-click over Century: Age of Ashes and select its Properties.
- In the Properties window, select the Local Files from the left pane menu and select Verify integrity of game files option.
- Once done, restart the game and see the results.
Fix 3: Disable Overlay:
Sometimes the enabled Overlay might interfere with your game files and lead to crashing and freezing issues. Here it would be best if you disabled the Overlay to escape from the same issue.
To do so,
- Firstly, launch Discord and from the bottom left corner of the screen, click on the Settings icon.
- Then from the left-pane menu, click on the Overlay option
- Now at the right side of the screen, select Enable in-game overlay and turn off the toggle beside the same.
In GeForce Experience:
- Firstly, you need to launch the GeForce Experience and click on the Settings icon.
- Now toggle off beside the In-game overlay option in the newly opened screen,
- Once done, try to relaunch the game and see the result.
Fix 4: Update Driver:
If your Graphics driver gets corrupted or outdated, then also your Century: Age of Ashes crashes or freeze on the home screen. In this scenario, you need to update your Graphics driver as soon as possible. to do so,
- Firstly, type Device Manager in the Search box and open the first search result.
- Inside the Device Manager window, double-click on the Display adapters option to expand it.
- Then select and right-click over your Graphics driver and select the Update driver option from the drop-down menu.
- Once done, restart the PC and see the result.
Fix 5: Run SFC Scan:
If the system files get corrupted for any reason, then the Century: Age of Ashes might crash or freeze on the system. Here you need to run the SFC tool to scan and repair damaged files on the system. to do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + R to launch the RUN dialog box type cmd and open the Command Prompt window with administrative access.
- Inside the Command Prompt window, type or copy then paste the following command and click on Enter key,
- Again type the following command and then click on Enter,
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
- Once you execute these commands, restart the system and see the changes.
Fix 6: Disable VSync:
At times disabling the VSync might help you get rid of the Freezing and shuttering issue in the Century: Age of Ashes. To do so,
- Firstly, you need to type NVIDIA Control Panel in the search box and open the relevant search result.
- Then in the Control Panel window, select Manage 3D Settings and click on the Virtual Sync.
- Now in the Virtual Sync window, toggle On and Off to enable and disable the VSync feature.
In IntelHD graphics,
- Firstly, type the IntelHD graphics control panel in the Windows search box and open the exact result from the search result.
- Inside the Control panel window, select the 3D General Settings option and click on the Custom Settings.
- In the next screen, click on the Virtual Sync and toggle On or Off to the VSync option to enable and disable it.
- Once done, restart the PC and see the result.
Fix 7: Perform Clean Boot:
If any of the above solutions do not come in your help, then you can clean boot your system to get rid of the Century: Age of Ashes crashing or freezing issue. To do so,
- Firstly, type System configuration in your Search box and open the relevant search result.
- Then inside the System Configuration window, select the Services tab and Tick beside Hide all Microsoft services option and click on Disable all button.
- Now move to the Startup tab and select Open Task Manager option.
- Inside the Task Manager window, go to the Startup tab, select all programs and click on Disable.
- Once done, restart the system and check the crashing issue is resolved.
- If yes, then you need to move into the System Configuration->Services tab and enable all the services you early disabled one by one.
- If you find a problematic program, uninstall it from your system, and the same issue will not arise hereafter.
At the end of this article, we hope the information mentioned above is helpful to you. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.