Finally, the long-awaited Call of Duty: Vanguard is grandly launched, and players are excited to enjoy another experience of World War II. Although some players are ecstatic with the release of Call of Duty: Vanguard meanwhile few are have been experiencing some issues. Lately, some players have reported that the Call of Duty: Vanguard is crashing and won’t launch on their PS4, PS5 and PC.
There are many causes for the same issues, and there are many possible solutions also available. If you are also struggling from the Call of Duty: Vanguard crashing or freezing issue, then your search for reliable solutions is over right now, right here. In this article, we have compiled a few solutions to tackle the same issues and pave the way to enjoy the game without any hassle. Let’s have a look.
- Make sure your Windows is updated.
- Check for your internet connection frequency.
- Make sure your console is running in the latest software update.
- Disable the antivirus temporarily.
If these basic strategies are not the cause of the Call of Duty: Vanguard crashing or freezing issue, then you need to check out the detailed solutions given below.
Fix 1: Update your Graphics card:
Most video games crash on the system due to outdated or corrupted Graphics cards. Here the possible solution is updating the Graphics driver to the latest version. To do so,
- Firstly, type Device Manager in the search box and open the relevant search results.
- Then inside the Device Manager, select and expand Display adapters and select your Graphic card.
- Right-click on the graphics card and select Update driver from the drop-down list.
- Once done, the issue gets resolved for you.
Fix 2: Uninstall the Game Beta version:
Another lest to resolve the Call of Duty: Vanguard is uninstalling the Beta version and reinstalling the game’s full version. To do so,
- Firstly in Battel.net, get the Game Version to Beta.
- Then go to Settings and select Call of Duty: Vanguard, and uninstall the game.
- Once done, go to the official website of Call of Duty: Vanguard and install the full version.
Fix 3: Verify In-Game Files:
Sometimes any game files get corrupted, then the Call of Duty: Vanguard crash or won’t launch properly on your system. In this scenario, you need to verify the integrity of game files. To do so,
- Firstly, launch Battle.net and click on Call of Duty: Vanguard from the top game bar.
- Then go to the Play button and click on the Settings icon.
- Therefrom the drop-up list, select the Scan and Repair option.
- Now let the process complete on its own.
- Once done, restart the Launcher and check the said issue is resolved or not.
Fix 4: Disable Overlays
According to some players, disabling the Overlays might help to get rid of the Call of Duty: Vanguard crashing or won’t launching issue on PS4/PS5 or PC. To disable the Overlays in GeForce Experience and Discord, you can follow these steps,
For GeForce Experience:
- Firstly, launch GeForce Experience, and select the Settings icon.
- Now toggle off beside the In-game overlay option from the right side of the screen.
- Firstly, launch Discord and select the Settings icon.
- Then click on Overlay from the left pane.
- Further, toggle off beside the option Enable in-game overlay from the right side of the screen.
Fix 5: Run the Game with Administrative Access:
The Call of Duty: Vanguard might crash on the system if it does not have administrative privilege. Here you need to run the game with administrator access to get rid of the same issue. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the installation folder of Call of Duty: Vanguard.
- Then right-click over the Call of Duty: Vanguard.exe file and select the Properties option from the drop-down menu.
- In the newly opened window, select the Compatibility tab from the top menu and tick the checkbox beside the option Run this program as an administrator.
- Once done, click on OK and relaunch the game and check for improvement.
Fix 6: Launch the game on DirectX 11:
Sometimes launching the Call of Duty: Vanguard in DirectX 11 will resolve most of the issues reported in the game. But players have to give up a few features that only DirectX 12 can provide. To launch the game in DirectX 11, you can follow these steps,
- Firstly, open the Battle.net launcher on your system.
- Then from the Settings, select Call of Duty: Vanguard and click on its Options.
- Then tick beside Additional Command Line Arguments option and type -d3d11 in the given text box.
- Once done, restart the system and relaunch the game and check the said issue persists or not.
Fix 7: Change Power Options to High Performance:
If any of the above solutions do not help you, you need to set the Power Options to High performance. To do so,
- Firstly, type the Control panel in the search bar and open the Control Panel window from the search results.
- Then select the Hardware and Sound option and click on Power Options.
- Now inside the Power Options window, toggle on beside the High Performance.
- Once done, check for improvement.
At the end of this article, we hope any of the above fixes will help you resolve the Call of Duty: Vanguard Crashing/Freezing and Won’t Launch in PS4/PS5 and on PC. All the above-listed solutions are not harmful to your system, so that you can apply them without any worries. If you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, please leave a comment in the below comment box.