Baldur’s Gate 3 is a really exciting game where you can be different characters and go on cool adventures. Game enthusiasts like it a lot because it looks really nice and was made very carefully. But even though many gamers love the game, some have a problem called the Baldur’s Gate 3 Data Mismatch Error. This problem is bothering players and making them feel upset because they want to play without any issues.
The issue appears as a message on the screen, indicating a problem with the game’s data. This message lists various potential causes, such as adding unsupported “mods,” corrupted files, or unrecognized data. These factors can disrupt the game’s performance, causing it to stop unexpectedly or not function properly. To resolve the How to Fix Baldur’s Gate 3 Data Mismatch Error problem, let’s explore the reasons behind it and how to solve it.
What are the Causes Behind Baldur’s Gate 3 Data Mismatch Errors?
When players see the “Baldur’s Gate 3 Data Mismatch Error,” it can make them annoyed because it stops them from playing the game. They want the game to run smoothly, but this issue causes trouble. This confusing problem can occur for various reasons, which we’ll look into:
1) Game files are either broken or missing:
The data mismatch error can happen mainly because the important game parts, called game files, are broken or missing. When these important pieces don’t work properly, the game might not work well and you might see the data mismatch error.
2) Mods & customized additions to the game:
When players come up with cool ideas, they might make mods or custom stuff to add to the game. But sometimes, these extras don’t really match how the game was originally made, and that’s when the data mismatch error can happen.
3) Using different software simultaneously:
If a player is using other programs alongside the game, it might trigger the data mismatch error. This can mix up how the game’s information works together and create issues while they are playing.
4) Wrong game settings or configuration Files:
Making sure the game settings and files are correct is super important for Baldur’s Gate 3 to run well. If things like how the game is set up or its configurations are not right, the game might get confused with the information it’s getting, and that’s when the data mismatch error can appear.
5) Incompatibility with older saved game information:
When games that are still being worked on, like Baldur’s Gate 3, change a lot, they might not go along well with older saved game data. This can create issues, like the data mismatch error, when you want to continue playing from where you left off.
6) Coding issues, server-side errors or cached data:
One of the most common reason for Baldur’s Gate 3 data mismatch error can show up for a few reasons. The game uses saved information, and if that’s not okay, or if there are issues with the server, or if there are secret errors in how the game was created, all of these can lead to the mismatch error. These hidden issues can make the game not understand the data correctly and make it look wrong.
How to Fix Baldur’s Gate 3 Data Mismatch Error?
If you are facing trouble with the frustrating Baldur’s Gate 3 data mismatch error, don’t worry. These solutions can fix the problem and make your game work smoothly again. Simply stick on to the following recommendations to rectify the data mismatch error:
Fix 1: Delete the Older Saved Version:
To ensure a seamless transition to the final version of BG3, it’s advisable to tidy up your data from the Early Access (EA) version:
- Launch Baldur’s Gate 3 and access the main menu. Locate and click on the “Load Game” option.
- Within the “Load Game” section, take a moment to review your collection of old campaigns and game progress.
- If you find any old campaigns that you no longer need or wish to keep, consider selecting the “Delete Campaign” option to remove them from your saved game list.
Fix 2: Change the Name of the Folder Related to Larian’s Studio:
To tackle the data mismatch error, some players reaching out to BG3’s support were advised to change the name of a folder related to Larian Studios. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open File Explorer and type %LocalAppData%/Larian Studios in the address bar.
- Once you’re in this folder, locate the one named Baldur’s Gate 3.
- You can give this folder a different name, like “New Baldur’s Gate 3”, and save the changes.
- To see if the data mismatch error is fixed, start the game.
Fix 3: Delete Old or Remaining Mods:
Outdated or remaining mods can often be the main cause of the data mismatch error in BG3. If you’ve used mods before, they can mess up the game when you start it. To fix this, it’s best to get rid of these mods from your system. Here’s how:
- In Windows File Explorer, go to the address bar and type: %LocalAppData%/LarianStudios/Launcher/Cache.
- If you see that folder, use your keyboard’s delete key to remove it. If the folder isn’t there, follow this path instead: …/Baldurs Gate 3/Data.
- If you want, you can also delete the mod settings.lsx file from the profile folder to get rid of unsupported mods completely.
- Make sure to empty your recycling bin to completely remove these things.
- Finally, restart Baldur’s Gate 3 and see if the data mismatch error is fixed.
Fix 4: Check the Integrity Game Files:
For those who haven’t yet taken the steps to ensure their game files are in proper order, the following series of instructions can be your guide to resolving the issue at hand:
- Begin by launching the Steam client and locating the game within your personal Library.
- Next, perform a right-click on the game title, which will unveil a dropdown menu. From this menu, select the “Properties” option.
- Navigate to the “Local Files” tab, which will provide access to the game’s local file-related settings.
- Within the “Local Files” tab, you’ll notice the option labeled “Verify Integrity of Game Files.” Click on this option to initiate the process of confirming the correctness of the game files.
- Upon the completion of the verification process, take the final step of restarting the game. This step will allow you to evaluate whether the issue has been successfully resolved and if the game now functions as intended.
Fix 5: Clear Cache Files:
To prevent launch errors, it’s crucial to clear out data caches that accumulate while you play. Take these steps to make the game launch smoother:
- Open File Explorer and navigate to %LocalAppData%/Larian Studios/Baldur’s Gate 3/LevelCache.
- Select everything within this folder and press the “delete” key on your keyboard.
- Remember to also empty your recycle bin.
- Restart Baldur’s Gate 3 and check if the data mismatch error is gone.
Fix 6: Uninstall and Reinstall the Game:
A solution to the data mismatch error in Baldur’s Gate 3 involves thorough game cleanup. This includes removing unsupported mods, temporary issues, or problems causing the error. Remember, use this method as a last resort if other fixes don’t work. Follow these steps to try it:
- Open the Steam Client: Launch the Steam application on your computer to initiate the process.
- Navigate to the Steam Library: Use the Steam Library feature to access the inventory of games installed on your computer.
- Locate the Baldur’s Gate 3 Folder: Once within the Steam Library, find the Baldur’s Gate 3 folder.
- Initiate the Uninstallation: Right-click on the Baldur’s Gate 3 folder to bring up a context menu. From the available options, select “Manage” and proceed to choose “Uninstall.”
- Completion of Uninstallation: Allow the uninstallation process to run its course until it is successfully completed.
- Download and Reinstall Baldur’s Gate 3: Following the complete removal of the game, proceed to download and subsequently reinstall Baldur’s Gate 3.
- Launch the Reinstalled Game: Once the reinstallation process is concluded, launch the game to ascertain whether the data mismatch error has been effectively resolved.
Fix 7: Connect with Customer Support:
If the methods mentioned above don’t work, feel free to get help from the support team. They can provide personalized advice to help you fix the data mismatch error that’s affecting your Baldur’s Gate 3 game.
The article addresses the topic “Baldur’s Gate 3 Data Mismatch Error” needs a few different steps. If you carefully do what’s suggested, like getting rid of bad files, fixing mods, and checking game files, you can make your gaming better. Also, remember that asking for help and being careful while trying to fix things will help you understand how to solve the Baldur Gate 3 data mismatch error. This way, you can enjoy the game more smoothly and have more fun in this exciting virtual world.