Larian Studios recently released story-rich, party-based RPG game set within the world of Dungeons & Dragons. In the game you can experience a rich, beautiful universe where you can escape from all worries and can explore the real adventure and wonder. But unfortunately few players trying to run the game after gathering the party, they fell into crashing or not launching issues.
If you are also struggling with the Baldur’s Gate 3 Crashing or Not Launching issue then you are at the right place. Here we have collected a few solutions that might enable you to resume the game without any troubles. Then let’s go through the solutions listed below and enjoy unprecedented exciting encounters.
Fix 1: Run the Game As Administrator
The first attempt to resolve Baldur’s Gate 3 Crashing or Not Launching issue is starting the game with administrative access. To do so,
- Open Baldur’s Gate 3 installation folder, locate and right-click on Baldur’s Gate 3.exe file and choose its Properties screen.
- Then select Compatibility tab from the new screen and tick the option Run this program as an administrator.
- Finally, relaunch the game on your system and see the crashing issue is resolved.
Fix 2: Launch the Game in DirectX11/ Vulkan
Another trick you can try is launching the game in DX11 or Vulkan. This trick has helped many players, so try it yourself and see if it helps you or not.
- Open the game, in the game launcher home page, select Dx11 and click on the Play button.
- If you are using Dx11, then try to launch the game using Vulkan and see the result.
Fix 3: Update Graphics Driver
If your Graphics card or other drivers get corrupted or outdated then also you will encounter crashing or black screen or lagging issues in Baldur’s Gate 3. In this case you should update the drivers and see the game running smoothly. To do so,
- Open Device Manager menu, expand Display adapter, right-click on the Graphics driver and choose Update driver option.
- Along with this, you should check and update all drivers in your system and relaunch the game.
- Once done, you can start the game and enjoy endless adventure.
Note: You need to make sure your Windows OS is updated to the latest version.
Fix 4: Verify Game Files
If any game files get corrupted or missing, then also you will encounter crashing issues; sometimes the game will not launch properly. Here the possible solution is repairing the game files and starting the game. To do so,
- Open Steam, go to the Library, choose Baldur’s Gate 3 from the game list, right-click on it and select Properties.
- Then select Local Files and click on the Verify integrity of game files option and wait for a few minutes to complete the repair process.
- Once done, you can launch the game and see if the issue is resolved for you.
Fix 5: Disable Steam Cloud
At times disabling the Steam Cloud will help you to run the game without crashing or lagging issues. Steam Cloud service allows gamers to sync game data with other devices, if you disable this service you might be able to play Baldur’s Gate 3 smoothly.
- Open Steam, go to the Library, right-click on Baldur’s Gate 3 and choose its Properties.
- Then select the General tab and locate Steam Cloud, disable the toggle beside the same and start the game.
Fix 6: Skip Launcher
Skipping the launcher is another easy method to escape from Baldur’s Gate 3 crashing or Not Launching issue effectively. To do so,
- Open Steam, from the Library, right-click on Baldur’s Gate 3 and click on Properties.
- Then under the Launch Options type “–skip-launcher” and launch the game.
Fix 7: Clear Cache
Sometimes mounted cache files might be causing Baldur’s Gate 3 Crashing or Not Launching issues. In this scenario you should clear the cache files by going to this path, %LocalAppData%\Larian Studios\Baldur’s Gate 3\LevelCache and delete all the content from the folder. Once done, relaunch the game and see if it performs well or not.
Fix 8: Update Vulkan Runtime
Vulkan Runtime is a handy tool for modern games as it helps to connect your operating system and graphics card, and provides high efficiency to access graphics as well as computation. If Vulkan Runtime encounters any bugs then also you will face a crashing issue in the game. In this case you should update Vulkan Runtime and start the game.
- Go to Vulkan Runtime official webpage and locate the version compatible with your operating system.
- Download it on your system and run the installation process.
- Eventually you can restart the system and start to play the game.
Fix 9: Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributables
In some instances reinstalling the Visual C++ Redistributables will help you to resolve crashing or lagging issues in Baldur’s Gate 3. To do so,
- Open Visual C++ Redistributables, click on X64, X86 files, download and install them on your system and relaunch the game.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions helps you to resolve Baldur’s Gate 3 crashing or Not Launching issue on PC, then you should uninstall the game from the system and reinstall its latest version.
These are the top solutions you can try to resolve Baldur’s Gate 3 Crashing or Not Launching issues on your system. Along with these fixes you can run the game using a dedicated graphics card or roll back the graphics card to the earlier version.