Recently it has been reported that a few users got an error code 1603 while installing AutoCAD 2023 on their system and they are unable to use the app. As per some users “Install failed – Error 1603 Fatal error during installation” error message pop up while they try to install AutoCAD 2023. Anyway, this is not a serious issue, we noticed that the same issue affects Autodesk 2020 or above versions.
If you are also struggling with the same problem then you can follow this article without any worry. Here we have listed some solutions to overcome your AutoCAD 2023 installation error code 1603 problem quickly. Then let’s have a look.
Causes of AutoCAD 2023 Installation Error Code 1603
- No permission to run Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service
- Damaged Visual C++ Redistributable
- Corrupted Microsoft .Net Framework
- Conflict with Antivirus
Note: Anyway, before installing AutoCAD 2023 on your system, we would like to suggest you log in to the system as an administrator. In addition, you should disable the antivirus program temporarily and delete all temporary files from the system. If these tricks don’t help you, you can go to the section below.
Quick Fixes for the AutoCAD 2023 Installation Error Code 1603
Fix 1: Reinstall Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service
The first solution to resolve the AutoCAD 2023 Installation Error Code 1603 issue is reinstalling the Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service. To do so,
Firstly, you need to uninstall Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service from the system by following these steps,
- Open File Manager->go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdskLicensing->right-click on uninstall.exe file->select Run as administrator.
- Then wait for the folder to empty and you are done.
- Once done, you can reinstall Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service and see the result.
Fix 2: Re-register Windows Installer
Sometimes re-registering the Windows Installer will help you to escape from the same issue. To do so,
- Open the Run dialog box (press Windows + R), type MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER and click the OK button to unregister Windows Installer.
- Then type MSIEXEC /REGSERVER again in the Run dialog box to re-register Windows Installer.
- Once done, you can install AutoCAD on your system.
Fix 3: Allow Autodesk Desktop Licensing Services as Local System Account
You can make changes in the Autodesk Desktop Licensing Services in the Services window to help you get rid of the same issue. To do so,
- Open Services window-> scroll down to find Autodesk Desktop Licensing Services->right-click on it and select Properties.
- Then choose Log On tab-> click on the radio button beside the Local System account option.
- Once done, you can reinstall the app on your system.
Fix 4: Restart Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service
Another solution to resolve the same issue is restarting the Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service. To do so,
- Open Services window-> locate and right-click on Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service-> select Properties.
- Then select and change the Startup type as Automatic and Service Status as Running.
- Once done, you can install the app on your system smoothly.
Fix 5: Update Windows
If your Windows get outdated, you will not be able to install AutoCAD 2023 and will encounter installation error code 1603 during the installation process. In this case, you should update your Windows and install the app. To do so,
- Open Settings-> Windows Update-> click on Check for updates button and update your system to the latest version.
- Once done you can continue with the app installation process and see the result.
Fix 6: Reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework
At times, missing or damaged Microsoft .NET Framework might be the main culprit behind the same issue. Here you can reinstall the Microsoft .NET Framework tool and see the result.
- Firstly, uninstall the Microsoft .NET Framework from your system and restart the system.
- Then go to the Microsoft .NET Framework webpage-> select Language->click on the Download button.
- Once done, open the Setup file and install it on your system and reinstall the app.
Fix 7: Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable
You can also reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable on your system to escape from the AutoCAD 2023 Installation Error Code 1603 issue. To do so,
- Uninstall the Visual C++ Redistributable from your system and restart the system.
- Then go to Visual C++ Redistributable webpage-> select x64 and x86 files and download them.
- Once done, open the Setup file and install the downloaded files on your system and reinstall the app.
Fix 8: Run SFC Scan
In case, any system files get damaged then you will face a similar problem. In this scenario, you should use the System File Checker tool to repair those system files. To do so,
- Open Command Prompt screen (type “cmd” in the search box), type or copy + paste the following command in the newly opened screen and press Enter,
- Once done, you can execute the following commands as well to restore corrupted files and press Enter,
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Finally, you can try again to install the app on your system.
Fix 9: Reinstall the App
If none of the above solutions helps you, you need to uninstall Autocad from your system. Once done, restart the system and reinstall the app from its official site and see the result.
These are all about the AutoCAD 2023 Installation Error Code 1603 and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.