Recently a few users have been reporting that during the installation of AutoCAD 2023, they received an error message “Install error: AutoCAD 2023 The install couldn’t finish. Error 4000”. This irritating error prevents users from completing their daily tasks and leaves them helpless to move forward. However, the same error is not a complicated one, and you can easily fix it without the help of any professional hands.
There could be several reasons for the same error message, but from this article, you will get numerous possible solutions to tackle the same. If you’ve experienced the same error message, then this article is to help you eliminate the same problem and resume your work without further trouble. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Clear Temporary Folder
As a first solution to get rid of the AutoCAD 2023 Installation Error 4000 is to clear all the content in the Temporary folder. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + R altogether to open the Run dialog box, type %temp% in the text box, and press OK.
- In the new screen, press Ctrl + A to select all the content in the folder and click on the Delete button.
- Once done, restart the system and try again to install AutoCAD 2023 version on your system.
Fix 2: Download Using Browser Download Method
Sometimes downloading the AutoCAD 2023 using the Browser Download method will help you to resolve the Installation Error 4000 quickly. You need to choose the Download method from the Products and Services option on the AutoCAD Account page.
Fix 3: Use Admin Rights
Another solution is to make sure you have admin rights to download and install AutoCAD 2023 on your system. You can contact the IT department for further assistance if required.
Fix 4: Launch as Admin Access
If any of the above solutions do not help you, then you need to launch the app with admin privileges. To do so,
- Firstly, open the AutoCAD 2023 installation folder, right-click on the Setup.exe file and choose its Properties.
- Then choose the Compatibility tab and tick the checkbox beside the Run this program as an administrator option.
These are all about the AutoCAD 2023 Installation Error 4000 and its fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.