Recently few users complained that while trying to install AutoCAD 2023 on their system they ran into the “Error 1606. Could not access network location” prompt and they were frustrated with the same problem. Some users got the same error message while trying to launch the app. Anyway, this is not a complicated problem and you can easily overcome it with the few steps listed below.
If you are having trouble installing or launching AutoCAD 2023 on your system, you can follow this article to get all possible quick solutions. Then take your time and move on to the solutions listed below.
Causes of AutoCAD 2023 Error Code 1606:
- Incorrect Windows Registry Settings
- Remnants of Previous Version
- Missing Public Profile Folder
- Outdated Operating System
Note: Before moving to any solution you need to install the AutoCAD 2023 as per our recommendation given below,
- Before installing the App you need to make sure you have signed in to your system as an Administrator.
- Ensure your Windows is updated to the latest version.
- Empty the Temp folder, type (%temp%) in your search box and delete all the content in the folder.
- Disable Antivirus temporarily and install the app
- Disable User Account Control Settings, after the installation you can enable it.
- Install AutoCAD 2023 from the complete product installer.
Fixes for the AutoCAD 2023 Error Code 1606
Fix 1: Edit Windows Registry
If you are unable to install AutoCAD 2023 on your system, it may be due to incorrect Windows registry settings in shell folders or user shell folders. Here you need to repair them as soon as possible and reinstall the application. To do so,
- Firstly, open the RUN dialog box (Windows + R), type “regedit” and click OK.
- Inside the Registry window go to the following path,
- Then find the Common documents from the right pane, and check the Name, Type and Data value is available or not.
- If not, then you need to create a new key and set the Name as Common Documents, Type as REG_SZ and Data as C:\Users\Public\Documents.
- Now go to the following paths one by one and repeat the same above steps to create the value if you find (Value not Set).
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\Common Documents
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\Common Documents
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\Common Documents
- Once done, you can retry to install the app.
Fix 2: Verify and Correct Missing Profile Folders
Another solution to resolve the same issue is to verify and correct the missing profile folder on your system. To do so,
- Open the Registry Editor screen and go to the following path,
- Then find the paths to the Public profile, if they are redirected to a different drive, change it to the default location (C:\Users\Public\).
- Now try to find the following Profile folders,
- If you miss seeing them, then create them manually and reinstall the app.
Fix 3: Run SFC Tool
If any system files get damaged, it will adversely affect the installation of AutoCAD 2023 and prevent you from launching the app on your system. In this case, you can run the built-in SFC tool to repair those files. To do so,
- Open Command Prompt window (type ‘cmd’ in the search box) and open it with admin access.
- On the black screen, you need to type or paste the following command and press Enter,
- Once done, you can again type or paste the following command one by one to restore repaired system files and press Enter,
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Once done, you can reinstall the app and see the result.
Fix 4: Use Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter Tool
If the above solution does not help you, you need to use the Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter tool to uninstall the remnants of the previous version of the installed application. To do so,
- Open your browser and go to Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter and download the tool.
- Then install the tool on your system and click on Next to continue.
- Now click on Uninstall button and see the AutoCAD previous file from the list and delete it.
- If the app is not on the uninstall list, you will be asked for the product code and uninstall the file.
Fix 5: Create a New Account
You can escape from the AutoCAD 2023 Error Code 1606 issue by installing the app using a new Admin account. To do so,
- Open Settings-> click on Accounts-> under Family & other users-> click on Change account type.
- Then select Administrator under Account type-> click on OK.
- Now you can sign in using the new admin account and install the app on your system.
Fix 6: Remove Folder Redirection Settings
Sometimes removing the Folder redirection settings will help you to resolve the same issue. Once done, retry to install the app and see the result.
Fix 7: Reinstall the App
If you encounter error code 1606 while launching AutoCAD 2023, you need to completely uninstall the app and associated files from your system. Once done, reinstall the app and see the result.
These are all about the AutoCAD 2023 Installation Error Code 1606 and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.