Asobo Studio’s action-adventure game A Plague Tale: Requiem is a sequel to 2019’s A Plague Tale: Innocence. Players in the game take on the roles of Amicia and Hugo de Roone, siblings who must fight French Inquisition soldiers and a horde of rats spreading the black plague. But recently, a few players have complained that the controller/gamepad is not working in the game, and they are not able to enjoy the game.
If you are experiencing the same issue in your game, then you can follow this article till the end. Here we have listed some solutions to help you get rid of A Plague Tale: Requiem controller/gamepad not working issue quickly. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Restart your System
Restarting your system is an effective try in fixing the A Plague Tale: Requiem Controller/Gamepad not working issue smoothly. By doing this, most of the current minor glitches might gets fixed and help you play the game without said issues.
Fix 2: Disable Steam Input
Sometimes disabling the Steam Input option might help you resolve A Plague Tale: Requiem Controller/Gamepad not working issue quickly. To do so,
- Open Steam->select Library->right-click on A Plague Tale: Requiem and select its Properties.
- Then click on the Controller under the Override for A Plague Tale: Requiem title-> select the Arrow button to Disable Steam Input option. Once done, start the game to see the improvement.
- If the issue still disturbs you, then you can Enable Steam Input and move to next solution.
Fix 3: Open in Big Picture Mode
If the issue persists in your case, then you should launch the game in Big Picture Mode. To do so,
- Open Steam->go to Library->choose A Plague Tale: Requiem -> click on Big Picture Mode from the top right corner of the screen, and choose the Continue option.
- Then select Library->click on Games-> select A Plague Tale: Requiem -> click on Play button and relaunch the game to see the result.
Fix 4: Disable Steam Input Per Game Settings
Another solution to resolve A Plague Tale: Requiem controller/gamepad not working issue is disabling Steam Input Per Game settings. To do so,
- Open Steam->go to Library->select A Plague Tale: Requiem -> select Big Picture Mode from the top right side of the screen and choose the Continue option.
- Next, choose Library->select Games-> click on A Plague Tale: Requiem -> Manage Game->double-click on Controller Options.
- And click on Arrow icon-> select Forced Off option and relaunch the game to see the improvement.
- If the same issue persists, then again go back to Controller Options, and select Forced ON and check the issue gets resolved.
Fix 5: Configure Controller
In most cases, reconfiguring your controller might help you to resolve the same issue. To do so,
- Open Steam->go to Library-> select A Plague Tale: Requiem -> choose Steam option from upper left side of the window and click on Settings.
- And select the Controller->General Controller Settings and choose your Controller.
- Once done, you can relaunch the game and see the issue still bothering you or not.
Fix 6: Remove External Components
In most cases, externally connected devices are likely to interfere your game and cause similar issues. So, to play the game smoothly, you can unplug external devices connected to your system before starting the game again.
These are all about the A Plague Tale: Requiem controller/ gamepad not working issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.