Recently Minecraft has released Minecraft Launcher, designed to access all your favourite Minecraft games from a single platform. This new Launcher is now available in both Windows 10 and 11 Stores. The highlight of Minecraft Launcher is you can play different versions of Minecraft games, Minecraft (Bedrock Edition), Minecraft: Java Edition and Minecraft Dungeons from a single entry point. The Launcher is available for free download, but you will have to pay for the different editions individually to play the game.
If you are an Xbox Game Pass player, this Launcher is a great relief for you, and now you can get all the Minecraft games that are part of this bundle, which means needless to buy your favourite games individually. You do not need to uninstall the old version to use this new Launcher. The new Launcher will automatically find your saved files, and you can resume the game from where you left it.
The Minecraft Launcher is now available in the Microsoft Store. Anyway, in this article, we will teach you how to download Minecraft Launcher in simple steps. Let’s jump up the steps.
Steps to download Minecraft Launcher in Microsoft Store:
- Firstly, go to the Microsoft Store and locate Minecraft Launcher.
- If you are an Xbox Game Pass player, then you can install the Launcher right there.
- Those who want to buy Xbox Game Pass then you can click on Included with Game Pass button. (This option will lead you to the Xbox Game Pass app page, from there, you can purchase it.
- Once done, then go back to the Minecraft Launcher page and click on the Install button.
- If you already own an edition of Minecraft game individually of the Xbox Game Pass, then you can click on the Get from Xbox App option. (You don’t own Minecraft, then also you are allowed to install the Launcher. Here you need Game Pass or Game ownership to run it).
- Now you will reach to Xbox App page. There Microsoft will install and set up the app if you don’t have your own account.
- If you happen to see a prompt appear on the top of the screen that says, “This app needs an extra component. Gaming services is needed for playing some game. Administrator approval required”, then click on the Install tab beside the same.
- And in the newly appeared prompt, click on Yes.
- Now you will get a message on top of the screen- Installing gaming services. This may take a few minutes.”
- Further in the Xbox page for Minecraft Launcher, click on the Get Free+ button.
- If you couldn’t find this button, click on the CHOOSE EDITION button, and from the drop-down menu, select Minecraft Launcher.
- Then click on the Get button to proceed.
- Now the download begins automatically. If not, click on the Install button for Minecraft Launcher.
- Now the Launcher will install successfully. Once done, log in with your Microsoft or Mojang account credentials.
- Finally, you can launch all the games in the bundle and can play the game that you own.
Note: Windows 10 users need the 1903 version( May 2019 update) or higher to download the Minecraft Launcher.
Some Additional Information:
- The Minecraft Launcher will work on both Windows 10 and 11 versions.
- Keep in mind that the Minecraft: Education Editions is not available in this bundle and uses its own Launcher.
- Players are not allowed to cross-play between Bedrock and Java Edition.
- Currently, you are able to play Minecraft Bedrock Edition published versions.
- You can play Minecraft: Java Edition older releases and new snapshots.
- You need to move it to the new Minecraft Launcher for Windows installation location if you are currently using game mods.
So in this article, we have all the information about the Minecraft Launcher and steps to download the Launcher in Microsoft Store. If you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, please leave a comment in the below comment box.