Hogwarts Legacy is an action role-playing game published by Warner Bros. Games and released on all major gaming platforms. The game is set in the wizarding world based on the celebrated Harry Potter novels.
The game has gained widespread appreciation and acclaim in the short time since its release. But unfortunately, a few players are unable to play the game because the controller is not working or Crashing or low FPS issue in their case.
If you are struggling with the Hogwarts Legacy Controller working issue, you can follow this guide. Here we have listed all the solutions you can apply to solve your problem and make the game run smoothly. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Restart the Device
The first attempt to fix the Hogwarts Legacy Controller not working problem is to restart the device. You can close the game and restart the system. Once done, sign back into the game after a few seconds to see if the controller is working.
Fix 2: Disable Steam Input
Another solution is to disable the Steam Input feature. To do so,
- Open Steam->Library->right-click on Hogwarts Legacy ->Properties.
- Then select Controller option-> go to Override for the Hogwarts Legacy-> select Disable Steam Input option.
- Once done, you can launch the game again to see if the issue gets resolved. If not, enable the Steam Input feature and move to the next fix.
Fix 3: Launch in Big Picture Mode
Sometimes, launching the game in Big Picture Mode will help you to resolve the controller not working issue in Hogwarts Legacy. To do so,
- Open Steam->Library->select Hogwarts Legacy-> from the top right-side click on Big Picture Mode-> click Continue option.
- Then select Library->Games->click on Hogwarts Legacy and click on the Play button.
Fix 4: Configure the Controller
If you fail to configure your controller, then you will not be able to play the game. Here you can reconfigure the controller and see the result. To do so,
- Open Steam->Library->Hogwarts Legacy-> from the top left side, click on Steam and Settings.
- Then choose the Controller->General Controller->Settings-> and choose your Controller from the new screen.
- Finally, retry to run the game and see if the discussed issue persists.
Fix 5: Turn Off Steam Input Per Game Settings
In most cases, forcing off Steam Input per game settings will help you to repair the controller not working issue. To do so,
- Open Steam->Library->Hogwarts Legacy-> click on Big Picture Mode from the top right-side, and click on Continue.
- Now click on Library->Games-> Hogwarts Legacy->Manage Game->double click on Controller Options.
- On the new screen, switch the Forced On or Forced Off option and see which one helps in your case.
Fix 6: Remove External Components
If all the above solutions do not help you, then you should unplug all the external components from your system and see whether the issue gets resolved for you or not.
These are the top solutions you can apply to resolve the Hogwarts Legacy controller not working issue. We hope that at the end of this guide, you will be able to solve the discussed issue, and start playing the game smoothly.