Halo Infinite is an adventure video game published by Xbox Game Studios and is now available on Xbox Series X, Series S, Xbox One and Microsoft Windows. Although gamers are excited about experiencing the adventurous journey of Halo Infinity, some gamers complain that they could not play the game due to the Halo Infinite DirectX 12 error.
As per some players, they couldn’t launch the game, and suddenly an error prompt appeared on the screen with a DirectX 12 error message. If you are also suffering from the same, then go through this article to tackle the same issue within no time. There are several reasons for the same issue, and you can overcome them by following the solutions listed below. Let’s have a look.
Fixes for the Halo Infinite DirectX 12 error
Fix 1: Update Graphics Driver:
If you encounter the Halo Infinite DirectX 12 error message, then you need to check that the graphics driver installed on your system is outdated or corrupted. You can simply resolve the same error by updating the Graphics driver. To do so,
- Firstly, type Device Manager in the search box and open the first search result.
- Then inside the Device Manager, expand the section Display adapters.
- Now right-click on the Graphics driver and select the Update driver option from the drop-down menu and check the issue is solved or not.
- If not, again, right-click on the Graphics driver and select Uninstall device option. Now the driver will get deleted from the system.
- Once done, go to the driver’s official website (AMD, Intel, NVIDIA) and select the latest version driver and install it on your system.
If the manual process seems hard to follow, you can automatically update the driver using any third-party driver updating tool. There are several such tools available online; you can select and trust one among them.
Fix 2: Install DirectX 12:
Another fix to isolate the Halo Infinite DirectX 12 error is installing the latest version of DirectX 12. To install DirectX 12, you can follow these below steps,
- Firstly, go to this link and download DirectX 12.
- Then click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen directions to install the file on your system.
- Once done, check whether the DirectX 12 error is resolved or not.
Fix 3: Update Windows:
Sometimes the games will crash or not launch on PC as a result of an outdated Operating System. Here all you can do is update the Windows and check for improvement. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I to launch the Settings.
- Inside the Settings app, select Windows Update from the left pane menu.
- And click on the Check for updates button and wait to complete the updating process.
- Once done, restart the system and relaunch the game and check the issue resolve or not.
Fix 4: Run SFC Scan:
The Halo Infinite DirectX 12 error can occur due to corrupted system files. Here you need to repair the corrupted system file by running an SFC scan and checking for improvement. To do so,
- Firstly, type cmd in the search box and open the Command Prompt window from the search result.
- Inside the Command Prompt window, type or copy then paste the following command and then press Enter,
- Once done, again type the following command and then press Enter,
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Wait for the process to get completed, then relaunch the game and check the issue is resolved or not.
Fix 5: Reinstall Halo Infinite:
If any of the above solutions do not help you, then you need to reinstall the game and check whether the DirectX 12 error is resolved or not. First, you need to uninstall the game from the system and reinstall it from a reliable source.
So these are all about the Halo Infinite DirectX 12 error and its solutions. If you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, please leave a comment in the below comment box.