Are you an avid gamer who enjoys the immersive world of Riot Games? If yes, then it is likely that you may have come across a frustrating scenario when you can’t sign out while a game is running. Have you? Worry not since you are not alone.
Many Riot Games users often encounter this issue where they are not able to sign out while a game is running. Users end up with the error “Please close other Riot Games products before signing out”. While it can be highly frustrating, here we have all the solutions to resolve the problem.
Join us in this article as we discuss fixes for “Please close other Riot Games products before signing out” in Riot Games. No complex technical troubleshooting processes but we have some straightforward guidance to get you through.
So, if you’ve ever been stuck in a game, unable to sign out, stay with us till the end of this article.
Cannot Sign Out Of Riot Games While A Game Is Running- Why?
Riot Games has captivated millions of gaming enthusiasts with its titles like Valorant, League of Legends, and more. However, technical glitches like “Please close other Riot Games products before signing out” can interrupt the gaming experience. The said error message can be quite frustrating and can appear due to numerous reasons, including:
- Running Games: The client assumes that a Riot game like Valorant is still running when you try to log out. In such cases, it requests you to close the game before allowing you to sign out. This alert is just a precaution to prevent an issue or conflict that may potentially arise during abrupt logouts.
- Corrupted Cache Files: Corrupted cache files can cause the said error sometimes. However, cleaning Cache files will refresh the client’s data and will resolve the issue in no time.
- Riot Vanguard Update: There are rumors that due to a recent Riot Vanguard update, users may find restrictions while logging out from within a game for some security reasons. Users will find that the option to log out is grayed out; however, the claim hasn’t been publicly announced yet.
FIXING “Please close other Riot Games products before signing out” Error Message
FIX 1: In Task Manager, Force Quit The Game
Force-quitting a game through Task Manager can help resolve the issue of not being able to sign out of Riot Games while a game is running. Here’s the step-by-step process for doing the same:
- Firstly, launch the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc or Ctrl + Alt + Delete altogether. You need to select Task Manager from the list of options.
- Now, in Task Manager, locate the Riot Game that’s causing the issue. The game might appear as Valorant or with the name of the specific game you’re playing.
- Once you find the game, right-click on the game process and select the option End task from the context menu.
The above steps allow you to force the game to close abruptly, thus making signing out of the game client easy.
FIX 2: Delete Cache Files for the Game
Clearing the game’s cache files can often resolve various issues, including the error message “Please close other Riot Games products before signing out.” Accumulated Cache and History can end the gamer with multiple such issues; therefore, clearing them regularly is advisable.
For cleaning Cache Files for the game, here’s a step-by-step guide.
- Firstly, press Windows + R together and launch the Run dialogue box.
- Now, in the Run search bar, copy + paste %localappdata% and press Enter.
- Further, locate the folders related to the game (Riot Games or VALORANT).
- Once found, right-click on both folders (one after another) and select the option Delete.
- Next, restart your computer to ensure a clean start and then try logging out of the game client again. The issue may no longer persist.
FIX 3: Reinstall Other Game and Riot Vanguard
Reinstalling both Riot Vanguard and the game can resolve issues caused by corrupted files and software conflicts.
Here’s how you can do the same:
- Firstly, press the Windows key and click on the Gear icon located above the Power button/Launch Settings App.
- Now inside the Settings window, select Apps and navigate to Apps and Features.
- Under Apps & Features, locate Riot Vanguard, click on it, and then select the option Uninstall. Complete the uninstallation process by following the on-screen instructions.
- Follow the similar process for the Riot game you’re having issues with.
- Once done with both the uninstallation, restart your computer to complete the removal process.
- Now navigate to Riot Client, go to the games section, select the game, and initiate the installation process again. The issue may no longer persist.
FIX 4: Sign Out of Riot Games
One of the most common and straightforward processes to get through “Please close other Riot Games products before signing out” is signing out of Riot games.
Here’s how you can do the same:
- Properly sign out of your profile in Vanguard and wait for some time until the sign-out process is completed.
- Now sign in back into your Vanguard profile.
- Once the process completes, sign out of the Riot Games launcher.
FIX 5: Contact Riot Games’ Support Team
Lastly, if nothing works, contact the Riot Games support for professional support. The Riot Games Support team can add in as a valuable option while you are facing the “Please close other Riot Games products before signing out” issue.
Here’s all that you need to do:
- On your web browser, type Riot Games and visit their Support Page. Or, click on Riot Games Support.
- Now, select the game you are experiencing a problem with.
- Next, in the middle of the website, click on the Submit a Ticket tab.
- Now, on the drop-down menu, locate and select the category that is most relevant to your issue. In case of the ” Please close other Riot Games products before signing out” issue, select the category Technical Issues.
- Then sign in using your Username and Password.
- Further, you will be asked to provide a brief subject describing your issue and more such details. Make sure you fill in the details rightfully in their relevant text boxes. Click on the Choose File tab if you have any screenshots or files explaining the issue. Upload the file correctly.
- Once done with all of that, navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Submit. Now, wait for Riot Games Support to get in touch with you, perhaps through email. The support team will guide you through all the required information that will help you get through the issue. However, remember the response time can vary depending on the traffic at the support team.
Overall, the “You can’t sign out while a game is running” issue in Riot Games is resolvable. We hope the methods explained above have helped you to enjoy a smoother gaming experience yet again. Contact Riot Games Support Team will perhaps be your last option.