World of Warcraft: Dragonflight is the latest pack for one of the best MMORPG game series of all time, World of Warcraft. In the game, players can enjoy a new feature called Dragon Riding, which allows gamers to raise and customize a dragon that can be used in a new momentum-based flight system with aerial abilities. But few players have complained that they are unable to run the game on their system due to severe crashing on the startup screen.
If you are unable to enjoy the game due to crashing or not launching issues, you can follow this article. Let’s go through the article and solve your issues with ease. Have a look.
- Install the latest game patch
- Disable unwanted background running apps/services
- Disable antivirus
- Check system requirement
Fix 1: Run as Administrator
The first attempt to resolve the World of Warcraft: Dragonflight crashing or lagging issue is running the game with administrative access. To do so,
- Open the game installation folder->right-click on WorldofWarcraftDragonflight.exe file->Properties->Compatibility tab->tick Run this program as an administrative option and relaunch the game.
Fix 2: Update Driver
If the issue persists, then you can check and update your graphics driver to the latest version. To do so,
- Open Device Manager->Display adapters-> right-click on Graphics driver->select the Update driver option from the drop-down menu and start the game again.
Fix 3: Repair Game Files
Sometimes repairing the game files will help you to resolve the crashing issue in World of Warcraft: Dragonflight. To do so,
- Open Battle.net-> select World of Warcraft: Dragonflight->Settings-> Scan and Repair option and relaunch the game.
Fix 4: Disable Overlays
Another solution to resolve World of Warcraft: Dragonflight crashing or lagging issue is disabling Overlay features. To do so,
In Discord– Settings-> Overlay option-> turn off Enable in-game overlay option and start the game.
In GeForce Experience– Settings-> enable the In-game Overlay option and start the game.
Fix 5: Update Windows
If your Windows operating system is not running on the latest version, you need to update your Windows and relaunch the game. To do so,
- Open Settings-> click on Windows update-> check for updates button and relaunch the game.
Fix 6: Reinstall DirectX
At times reinstalling the DirectX package will allow you to resolve low FPS issues in World of Warcraft: Dragonflight. To do so,
- Open DirectX->choose Language-> click on Download, install the file on your system and launch the game again.
Fix 7: Lower Graphics Settings
In most cases, lowering the in-game graphics settings will allow you to quickly resolve the black screen or low LPS issue in World of Warcraft: Dragonflight. You can go to the game’s graphics settings page, minimize all settings in the list, select Windows Mode under Display and relaunch the game.
Fix 8: Reinstall the Game
Last but not least solution to resolve the crashing issue in World of Warcraft: Dragonflight is to uninstall and reinstall the game’s latest version and see the result.
These are all about the World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Crashing/Lagging or Not Launching on PC and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.