We all know that Windows 11 is the most advanced operating system ever, and millions of users are satisfied with it. However, issues are not uncommon for any operating system; as we said, a few Windows 11 users have recently complained that Windows 11 Hello Face Recognition does not work on their system. As per suffered users, they are unable to say ‘Hello’ to their Windows Face camera.
The same issue can have many causes, but the easiest way here is to find a reliable solution. If you are looking for a possible solution to the problem of Windows 11 Hello Face Recognition not working, you can follow this article to get the most out of it. So instead of wasting your time, let’s go to the detailed solutions given below.
Fix 1: Uninstall Recent Update:
The first try to resolve the Hello Face Recognition Not Working issue on Windows 11 is uninstalling the latest update. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I simultaneously to open the Settings app on your computer screen.
- Then click on the Windows Update from the left pane and click on the Update history option.
- On the next screen, select the Uninstall updates option and select the last Microsoft Windows Update from the list and click on the Uninstall button.
- Finally, restart the system and see the discussed issue is resolved or not.
Fix 2: Enable Biometric:
In most cases, a few system settings will change accidentally after the last update and cause many issues. If biometric is disabled in your case here, then you need to enable biometric with Local Group Policy Editor to escape from the same issue. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + R to open the RUN dialog box, type gpedit.msc, and press OK.
- Inside the newly opened window, follow this path, Computer configuration-> Administrative-> Templates->Windows Components->Biometrics.
- Then you can choose the option Allow the use of Biometrics.
- In the new screen, click on the Enable button and Apply to save the changes.
- Now locate and click on the Allow users to log on using the biometric option and save it.
- Finally, restart the system and see the issue will disturb you again or not.
Fix 3: Uninstall Driver:
Sometimes updating the driver installed on your system may help you to troubleshoot Windows 11 Hello Face Recognition not working issue quickly. To do so,
- Firstly, type ‘device’ and open the Device Manager window from the search list.
- Then select the Biometric devices and right-click on the driver you need to update.
- Now click on the Uninstall driver option from the sub-menu and restart the system.
- Once your Windows restarts, it will automatically install the missing driver with the latest version.
Fix 4: Roll Back Camera Driver:
If you get an issue with Windows 11 Hello Face Recognition not working after a recent update, you need to roll back the camera driver to get rid of it. To do so,
- Firstly, type ‘device’ and open the Device Manager from the search list.
- Inside the new window, select the System Devices option.
- Then choose the Surface Camera Windows Hello option.
- Now move on to the Driver tab, and from the list, click on the Roll Back Driver button.
- Finally, save all the changes, restart the system, and see the improvement.
Fix 5: Reset Facial Recognition:
Another solution to tackle the Windows 11 Hello Face Recognition Not Working Issue is resetting the Facial recognition settings. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Settings and click on the Account section.
- Then click on the Sign-in options, select the Face recognition (Windows Hello), and click on the Remove option.
- And choose the Get Started option and reset the Face Recognition by following the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, restart the system and see the discussed issue persists on your system or not.
Fix 6: Restart Biometric Services:
At times, simply restarting the Windows Biometric Services might help you to resolve the Windows 11 Hello Face Recognition Not Working Issue smoothly. To do so,
- Firstly, type ‘Services’ in your search box and open the Services menu on your computer screen.
- Then select and double-click on the Windows Biometric service from the list.
- On the next window, set the Startup type as Automatic and Service status as Running.
- Finally, save the changes and check now the said issue hereafter disturbs you or not.
Fix 7: Perform System Restore:
If any of the above tricks do not help you, then you need to restore your system to the previous state when your system is working without any issue. To do so,
- Firstly, type ‘System restore’ on your Windows 11 search box and open the Create a Restore point option.
- Inside the System Properties window, click on the System Restore button.
- On the next window, click on the Choose a different restore point and click on Next.
- Then select a previous restore point from the list and click on Next.
- Finally, click on the Finish button and see the discussed issue resolved from your system.
These are all about the Windows 11 Hello Face Recognition Not Working Issue, and its sure fixes. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.