Way of the Hunter is truly authentic hunting game that lets you explore and hunt in vast open world environments in the USA and Europe. In the game, you can experience the amazing wildlife with the real-nature of the group of animals. But a few players have complained that the game is not launching properly and crashing on the startup screen.
If you couldn’t enjoy and explore the vast open world wildlife environment, then you can follow this article. Here we have listed some solutions to quickly overcome your crashing and shuttering problems in the Way of the Hunter. Then let’s have a look.
- Install the latest game patch
- Disable antivirus
- Close unwanted background running apps/programs
- Lower Graphics settings
- Check System Requirement
If any of these solutions do not help you resolve the said issue, then you should follow the solutions given below.
Fix 1: Run as Administrator
As a first solution to resolve the Way of the Hunter crashing or shuttering issue is running the game with administrator privilege. To do so,
- Firstly, move to the Way of the Hunter installation folder->right-click on Way of the Hunter.exe file->Properties-> click on Compatibility tab->tick Run this program as an administrator.
- Once done, relaunch the game with admin access and see the improvement.
Fix 2: Update Driver
In most cases, updating your Graphics driver might help you resolve the crashing or not launching issue in the Way of the Hunter. To do so,
- Firstly, open Device Manager->expand Display adapters->right-click on your Graphics driver->select Update driver option.
- Once done, restart the system, start the game and see the result.
Fix 3: Verify Game Files
Sometimes just verifying the game files integrity should help you to resolve the discussed issues. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam->Library->right-click on Way of the Hunter icon->select Properties->select Local Files->click on Verify integrity of game files.
- Once done, restart the system and start the game smoothly.
In Epic Games Launcher,
- Open Epic Games Launcher-> go to its Library ->click on the three dots beside the Rollerdrome-> choose Manage->click on Verify option from the drop-down menu.
Fix 4: Disable Overlay
In some cases, the Overlay feature may cause crashing or lagging problem in the game. In this case, you need to disable the overlay feature and restart the game. To do so,
In GeForce Experience,
- Open GeForce Experience->click on Settings icon->Toggle off In-game overlay option.
- Open Discord->click on Settings icon->Overlay->Toggle off Enable in-game overlay option.
- Once done, you can start the game and see the issue persists or not.
Fix 5: Update Driver
If your system is not running on the latest version of Windows, you will face similar problems. In this case, you can update your Windows and see the result.
- Firstly, open Settings menu->select Windows update->click on Check for updates option.
- Once done, you can relaunch the game and check the issue resolved or not.
Fix 6: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
Sometimes installing the Visual C++ Redistributable will allow you to get rid of the Way of the Hunter black screen or Low FPS issues. To do so,
- Firstly, go to Visual C++ Redistributable page->click x64 and x86 files-> download and install them on your system.
- Once done, restart the system, launch the game and see the issue resolved or not.
Fix 7: Install DirectX
At times, installing the DirectX package will help you to resolve Low FPS and shuttering issue in the Way of the Hunter. To do so,
- Firstly, go to DirectX webpage->select your Language->click on Download button.
- Once done, install the downloaded file and relaunch the game without any trouble.
Fix 8: Disable Overclocking
Overclocking tool is helpful to improve game performance on your system. But sometimes, it misbehaves and adversely affects the game and leads to many problems. In this case, you need to disable Overclocking feature and start the game again.
Fix 9: Turn Off VSync
Another solution to escape from the Way of the Hunter crashing or freezing issue is disabling the VSync option. To do so,
- Open NVIDIA Control Panel->select Manage 3D Settings->choose Virtual Sync->Turn off Sync option
- Open IntelHD Graphics Control Panel-> select 3D General Settings->click on Custom Settings->choose Virtual Sync->disable VSync feature.
- Once done, restart the system and launch the game smoothly on your system.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions help you, then you need to uninstall the game completely from the system. Once done, restart the system and reinstall the game from a trusted source and start the game.
These are all about the Way of the Hunter Crashing/Shuttering/Freezing/Black Screen or Not Launching issue on PC. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column]