Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters is the latest installment in the Warhammer 40k franchise’s turn-based strategy RPG and a reboot of the 1998 Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate. In the game, you can lead a squad of Gray Knights in the fight against the evil gangs of Nurgle, the Chaos god of decay, who are determined to destroy the galaxy through a cosmic plague known as Bloom. But unfortunately, a few players reported they are not able to run the game due to crashing and shuttering problems.
There can be many causes for the same issues, but at the same time, few solutions are available to surmount those causes. If you are also experiencing a crash or freezing issue in your Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters, you can follow this article to get all possible solutions. Then let’s have a look.
- Close unwanted apps/services are running in the background of the system.
- Disable antivirus
- Install the latest game patch
- Check system requirements
If any of these tricks do not help you to run the game smoothly, you need to move on to the detailed solutions listed below.
Fix 1: Launch as Admin
Launching the game with admin access is the first attempt to run the Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters without any crashing or not launching issues. To do so,
- Firstly, move to the Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters installation folder, right-click on the Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters.exe file and choose the Properties option.
- In the new window, under the Settings section, choose the Compatibility tab and tick the check box beside the Run this program as an administrator option.
- Finally, you can open the game without any issues.
Fix 2: Update Driver
In most cases, an outdated graphics driver may be the main cause of Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters crashes or freezes issue. To resolve this issue, you should update the specific driver to the latest version. To do so,
- Firstly type “device” in the system search box, and open the Device Manager window from the result.
- Inside the new screen, select and expand the Display adapters section and click on your Graphics Driver.
- Now right-click on the driver and select the Update driver option from the sub-menu list.
- Finally, restart your computer, relaunch the game and run it without any issues.
Fix 3: Verify Game Files Integrity
Sometimes, checking game files’ integrity will allow you to run Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters without crashing or lagging issues. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam, go to the Library section and select Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters from the list.
- And right-click on the Citizen Sleeper game icon and select the Properties option.
- In the newly appeared screen, select the Local Files and click on the Verify Integrity of game files from the right pane menu.
- Once done, relaunch the game and see if the changes helped you or not.
In Epic Game Launcher,
- Firstly, launch your Epic Game Launcher and navigate to the Library section.
- Once you are in the Library, select Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters and click on the three horizontal dots.
- Now in the drop-down menu list, select the Verify option, and you are done.
Fix 4: Disable Overlays
Overlays are a helpful feature to improve the game’s performance on the system. But this handy feature sometimes interferes with the performance of games and leads to complex issues. To avoid this, you need to disable overlays such as GeForce Experience, Discord, and other third-party tools.
In GeForce Experience,
- Open your GeForce Experience-> Settings icon->Turn off In-game overlay.
- Open your Discord-> Settings icon->Overlay-> Turn off Enable in-game overlay.
Fix 5: Update Windows
If you miss updating your Windows for a long time, this may be the main reason why the Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters crashes or not launching on your PC. You can get rid of this situation by updating your Windows. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I simultaneously to launch the Settings window.
- In the new screen, click on the Windows Update option and click on the Check for updates button.
- After the updation process, relaunch the game and see the improvement.
Fix 6: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
Another solution to overcome the Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters crashing or black screen issue is installing the Visual C++ Redistributable latest package. To do so,
- Firstly, open your web browser and navigate the Visual C++ Redistributable page.
- Then select the x64 and x86 files from the new screen, then download and install them on your system.
- Once done, the game will run smoothly on your system.
Fix 7: Install DirectX
If the above solution has not resolved the Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters crashing or Black screen issue, then you need to install the DirectX program as well. To do so,
- Firstly, open your web browser and navigate to the Microsoft DirectX page.
- Inside the newly opened screen, click on the Download red button and install it on your system.
- Once done, you will no longer encounter any trouble running the game.
Fix 8: Lower Graphics Settings
As the Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters offers enhanced graphic effects and a high-end scientific backdrop, which can freeze or crash the game quickly during gameplay. To avoid this situation, you need to lower all the graphics settings of the game and see the result.
Fix 9: Disable Overclocking
We strongly advise that disabling the CPU/GPU overclocking feature may help you avoid game crashing or lagging issues. We agree that overclocking will improve game performance, but it can sometimes cause major compatibility issues. So, disable the overclocking feature and see the result.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
If all the above solutions fail in your case, then you should uninstall the game from your system. Once done, download and install the game on your system and run the game without any discussed issues.
These are all about the Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters Crashing, Freezing, Stuttering, or Not Launching issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.