Lots of Valorant PC players nowadays repeatedly complaining about the “DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine” error. Mostly the error appears during the gameplay in CS:GO, PUBG, and some more games. The said error is not serious and you can easily terminate it.
However, your favourite game has encountered errors and problems, which can be very frustrating and make you feel bad. In today’s article, we have collected some crucial solutions to avoid the DX11 feature level 10.0 for running engine error in a timely manner. Let’s look at solutions.
Fix 1: Update Windows:
Every Windows update introduces new features and security updates. This helps users safeguard, their system from malware attacks. Here also to get rid of the “DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine” error, you can update Windows. To update Windows, follow these steps,
- Firstly, in the desktop bar type, Settings and open the Settings app. In the settings, go to, the Update and Security option.
- Then click on the Windows Update option from the right pane menu and click on Check for updates tab.
- Once done, restart the system, and relaunch the game and then check whether you can play the game without the said error.
Fix 2: Update Graphics card:
A graphics card is a crucial component of the smooth running of games on your system. If the card is outdated, missing or damaged, it can lead to errors and affect system performance. So, it is important to update the graphics card.
Through two ways, you can update your Graphics card, manually and automatically.
- Firstly, type Device manager in the desktop search bar.
- Then in the device manager, go to Display adapters and double-click on it, to see your graphics card.
- Now right-click your graphics card and, from the drop-down menu, select the Update driver option.
- Once done, restart your system and then check you can play the game without any error or not.
To update your graphics card, you can use any third-party automatic driver update tool. There are several such tools available online, you can select a reliable one from them.
Fix 3: Uninstall Vanguard:
When you play Valorant, Riot Vanguard might block certain drivers and components in your system and, it may not work. This could be the prime reason for the “DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine” error. To troubleshoot this issue, you need to uninstall Vanguard. To uninstall Vanguard, follow these steps,
- Firstly, press Windows key + I altogether to launch Settings.
- Now in the settings window, select Apps.
- In the newly opened window, under the Apps and features locate and double click over Riot Vanguard and select Uninstall tab.
- If the uninstall prompt appears, click Uninstall again to confirm the process.
- Once done, restart your system and reinstall Vanguard from its official website.
- Now you are able to play the game without the said error.
Fix 4: Install the latest DirectX version:
With the Windows Update process, the latest version DirectX will automatically integrate into the system. Sometimes DirectX fails to install the latest version, in which case you need to manually install the latest version.
- Go to the official DirectX download page and download and install the latest version.
- Once you are done, you are able to play any game on your system smoothly.
The above-given fixes will help you to resolve the “DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine” error in no time. You don’t need any advanced technical knowledge to apply the fixes mentioned in this article. If you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, leave a comment in the below comment box.