Valorant is a Windows operating system online multiplayer shooting game by Rebellion Games. The general version of Valorant was released in June 2020. Recently, several game lovers are reported that one error keeps them from playing Valorant game. They received the said error message like-
“Couldn’t start *:\Riot Games\VALORANT\live\ShooterGame/Binaries/Win64/VALORANT-Win64-Shipping.exe” ShooterGame -remoting-app-port=55944 -remoting-auth-token -ares-deployment=na -config-endpoint=https://shared.na.a.pvp.net -savetousrdir -cultur=en_US -rso-endpoint=https://auth.riotgames.com CreateProcess() returned 5”.
This error can occur due to several reasons such as software bug, insufficient permission for server connection etc. If you are also the one who is suffering from the same issue, then you can follow this article. In this article, we have gathered some sure-shot solutions to get rid of this error. Let’s see the solutions,
Before jump into a sure solution, you just go to the following instructions,
- Firstly, ensure you are not logged in Valorant account currently on another device. If yes, then exit from that account and start Valorant again in the existing device.
- Launch Valorant, after a simple Restart. While restarting your system, some of the glitches and bugs might remove from the system.
- If these two primary fixes didn’t help in your case, then you need to move to the sure fixes below.
Fix 1: Run net start vgc command:
As a first fix to resolve the Valorant couldn’t Start Returned 5 error, is to run the net start vgc command on your system. For doing so, follow the steps given below,
- Firstly, press Windows + R to launch the RUN dialog box.
- Then type net start vgc and press OK.
- Once done, the said issue got resolved for now.
Fix 2: Uninstall and Reinstall Vanguard:
If you are not familiar with Vanguard, then you must know, Riot Vanguard is an anti-cheat system software that allows Valorant to work on the system. And if something goes wrong with this software, it will prevent Valorant from launching it. So, if this is your problem in your case, then you need to reinstall Vanguard. For doing so, follow the steps given below,
- Firstly, in the Desktop search bar, type Control panel and select the relevant search results.
- In the Control panel window, select the option Program and Features.
- In the newly opened screen, from the list of programs, locate and right-click over Riot Vanguard.
- Then click on Uninstall option. If prompts appear click on Yes to confirm the uninstallation process.
Note: If you use any automatic software remover tool, it might help you to delete the application and files and folders related to that particular application. There are several such tools available online, you can select a reliable one.
- Once you uninstalled, then you can reinstall the Riot Vanguard freshly. Then again, launch the game and check whether the issue persists or not.
Fix 3: Check the compatibility of Valorant:
As per some suffered users switching on and off the compatibility on their system helped them to resolve the said error. Hence, we recommend trying the same. For doing so, follow the steps given below,
In two ways you can change the compatibility;
- Firstly, on your desktop, select This PC and then go to Local Disk (C:).
- Then follow the below path
- If you reached the Win64 file, right-click over it and then select Properties.
- Then select the Compatibility option.
- Now untick beside the options, Disable fullscreen optimizations and Run this program as an administrator.
- Finally, select Apply and then click on OK to save the changes.
- Once done, Restart your system and check for improvements. If this method does not works then move to the next method.
- Firstly, locate the Valorant application installed on your PC.
- Then right-click over it and from the menu select Properties.
- Now, you need to select Compatibility Tab.
- Here, select both the options, Disable fullscreen optimizations and Run this program as an administrator.
- Lastly, click on Apply->OK to save the changes.
- Once done, Restart the system and check the issue resolved or not.
These are the easy fixes to resolve the error Valorant couldn’t Start Returned 5 Error on your system. Sometimes, simply restarting your system might help you to resolves most of the errors in Valorant.
Although, we hope all the information given in this article will help you to resolve the said error. If you have any doubts or queries after reading this article, leave a comment in the below command box.