Microsoft released August 2023 cumulative Update KB5029244 and KB5029247 on Windows 10 21H1 and 22H2 versions. These updates bring several security features and changes for the smooth operation of the system. But unfortunately few users are facing trouble in installing KB5029244 and KB5029247 on their system.
If you are in the same boat then don’t worry, you can rely on this full length guide. Here we have listed a few solutions to pave an easy way to install KB5029244 and KB5029247 on Windows 10 easily. Then let’s go through the solutions and install the updates to make improvement in system operation.
Fix 1: Restart the System
The first step to resolve the KB5029244 and KB5029247 not installing on Windows 10 is simply restarting the system. This process allows you to eliminate manor system glitches and make you able to install the updates smoothly.
Fix 2: Run Update Troubleshooter
At times utilizing the Windows built-in Update troubleshooter will help you to resolve Update KB5029244 and KB5029247 not installing issues effectively. To do so,
- Open Settings menu, choose Update & Security option form the left pane and click on Troubleshooter option.
- Then click on Other troubleshooters and press the Run the troubleshooter button beside Windows Update and retry to install the updates.
Fix 3: Install Update Assistant Tool
If you are not able to install Update KB5029244 and KB5029247 on your Windows 10, then you should download and install the Windows Update troubleshooter tool on the system and try again.
- Open Windows 10 Update Assistant web page, locate the Update Assistant section and click on the Update Now button.
- Then install the downloaded file and retry to update your system to the latest cumulative update.
Fix 4: Download Media Creation Tool
If the above trick does not help you then you can download and install Windows Media Creation tool as well. To do so,
- Open Windows 10 Media Creation tool web page, go to Create Windows 10 Installation Media section, press Download tool now and install it on your system.
- Once done, retry to install the update and see the result.
Fix 5: Reset Windows Update Component
In case Windows Update components get damaged then also you will encounter similar issues. So reset Windows Update component and retry to install Update KB5029244 and KB5029247 on your system.
- Inside the desktop search box, type “cmd” and open Command Prompt screen with administrative privilege.
- Then in the newly appeared screen, type the following commands and press Enter button,
SC config trustedinstaller start=auto
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop msiserver
net stop cryptsvc
net stop appidsvc
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dl
regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset proxy
rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start msiserver
net start cryptsvc
net start appidsvc
- Finally, restart your system and retry to install the latest update and see the result.
Fix 6: Delete SoftwareDistribution Folder Files
If the issue still persists then you should delete the SoftwareDistribution folder from the system and restart to install the update.
- Open Services window by typing services in the search box, locate and right-click on Windows Update service and click on Stop button.
- Then move to the Windows Explorer menu, go to C:\Windows-> SoftwareDistribution, remove the folder from the system and reinstall the latest updates.
Fix 7: Use Microsoft Update Catalog
If any of the above fixes does not help you, then you have the option to install the Update KB5029244 and KB5029247 manually on your system with the help of Microsoft Catalog page.
- Open Microsoft Catalog page, inside the search box, type KB5029244 or KB5029247 and press Enter.
- From the next screen select the compatible file, download and install it on your system and you are done.
These were the top fixes to get over from the Update KB5029244 and KB5029247 not installing issue in Windows 10.