As part of the regular update, Microsoft recently released the September 2023 cumulative update KB5030211 and KB5030214 on Windows 10 editions. These updates come with several fixes to fix previous update issues and bring performance improvements to run the system smoothly. If you have a problem downloading and installing the update. If you are having trouble downloading and installing Update KB5030211 and KB5030214 on your Windows 10, then you have reached the right destination.
Here we have listed a few solutions that will help you to resolve your irritating issue and you can use the system better than ever. So, go through the below listed solutions and resolve your Update KB5030211 and KB5030214 not installing issues on Windows 10 effectively. Have a look.
Fix 1: Run Update Troubleshooter
The initial try to resolve Update KB5030211 and KB5030214 not installing on Windows 10 is running the Windows built-in troubleshooter. To do so,
- Open Settings menu and select Update & Security, then choose Troubleshooter from the left pane and select Other troubleshooters.
- Next, choose Windows Update and click on the Run the troubleshooter tab and proceed with the process. Once done you should be able to update the system to the latest version.
Fix 2: Run Update Assistant
Installing the Windows 10 Update Assistant might help you to successfully install the latest Microsoft update on your system. To do so,
- Open the browser and go to the Windows 10 Update Assistant page, then click on the Update now button and download the files on your system.
- Then install the file and retry to update your system to the latest release.
Fix 3: Reinstall Media Creation Tool
If you failed to install Update KB5030211 and KB5030214 even after installing the Update Assistant, then you should install the Windows 10 Media Creation tool and update your system.
- Open your browser and go to Windows 10 Media Creation tool, then click on the Download tool now button and install it on your system.
- Once done, you can retry to update your system to the latest version.
Fix 4: Reset Windows Update Component
Another attempt you can try is resetting Windows Update Component to resolve Update KB5030211 and KB5030214 not installing on Windows 10 issue.
- Open Command Prompt window by typing “cmd” in search box, then type the following commands and press Enter,
SC config trustedinstaller start=auto net stop bits net stop wuauserv net stop msiserver net stop cryptsvc net stop appidsvc Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dl l regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll netsh winsock reset netsh winsock reset proxy rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN dism /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth dism /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth dism /Online /Cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup Sfc /ScanNow net start bits net start wuauserv net start msiserver net start cryptsvc net start appidsvc
- Once done, you can start again to update your system to the recent Microsoft Updates.
Fix 5: Disconnect External Hardware
In case you are not able to install the latest updates on your system, then you should disconnect external connected devices and continue with the upgrade process.
Fix 6: Restart Windows Update Service
You can also try to update Windows Update services to resolve the same issue.
- Open Services window, locate and right-click on Windows Update, then click on Properties.
- Then on the new screen set Startup service to Automatic, Service Status as Running.
Fix 7: Free Up Some Drive Space
If there is not enough space in your hard disk to install the latest update then also you will face similar issues. In this case check and if indeed, delete a few unwanted files or folders from the system. Once done, you can again go to the Update process and see the result.
Fix 8: Use Microsoft Update Catalog
All the above solutions failed in your case, then you have the option to install the update manually from Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Open Microsoft Update Catalog, in the search box, type “KB5030211” or “KB5030214” and download the file suitable for your system from the next screen.
- Then install the downloaded file in your system and the upgrade process is completed manually.
These are the top solutions you can try to resolve the Update KB5030211 and KB5030214 Not Installing issue on Windows 10.