Microsoft recently released August 2023 cumulative Update KB5029263 with 27 fixes and many changes. This update helps to improve the system performance and fixes several bugs. But unluckily, few users are bothered to install Update KB5029263 on Windows 11 due to unknown issues.
If you are also struggling to install Update KB5029263 on your Windows 11, then read this article till the end. Here we have listed a few solutions that might help you to install the update smoothly without any worries. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Restart the System
The initial step to get over the Update KB5029263 not installing issue is to restart the system. While doing so, most of the minor glitches will get removed from the system and it helps you to install the latest update smoothly.
Fix 2: Run Update Troubleshooter
You do not need to worry about the issue with the installation of Update KB5029263 on your Windows 11, can resolve it simply by running the built in Update troubleshooter. To do so,
- Open Start menu, select Troubleshooter option, click on Other troubleshooter and find Windows Update option.
- Then click on the Run blue button beside the Windows Update option and start the update installation process.
Fix 3: Install Installation Assistant
Sometimes you can bypass the Update KB5029263 not installing issue in Windows 11 by reinstalling Windows Installation Assistant. To do so,
- Open Windows 11 Installation Assistant web page, click on the Download button and install the file on the system.
- Then you can try again to install the latest Windows cumulative update and see the result.
Fix 4: Use Media Creation Tool
Beyond the above solution, you can download and install Windows Media creation tool to escape from the Update KB5029263 fails to install on Windows 11 issue. To do so,
- Open Windows 11 Media Creation tool web page, locate Windows 11 Media Creation section, download and install the tool on your system.
- Once done, retry to install the latest update on the system and check the improvement.
Fix 5: Reset Windows Update Component
If there is an issue with the Windows Update Component, you will not be able to install the latest Windows Update. Here the possible solution is resetting the Windows Update Component and reinstalling the latest update.
- Open Command Prompt screen (type “cmd” in search box), inside the black screen, type or copy +paste the following commands and press Enter,
SC config trustedinstaller start=auto
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop msiserver
net stop cryptsvc
net stop appidsvc
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dl
regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset proxy
rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start msiserver
net start cryptsvc
net start appidsvc
Finally, you should restart the system and continue the update installation process.
Fix 6: Reset Windows Update Service
Another possible solution is resetting the Windows Update service on your system. To do so,
- Type “services” in the taskbar search box, open the Services menu, right-click on the Windows Update option and select its Properties.
- On the next screen, set the Startup type to Automatic setting and Service Status to Running.
- Once done, save the changes and close the screen, then retry to install the latest updates.
Fix 7: Use Microsoft Update Catalog
You can also install the latest update from the Microsoft Update catalog page manually. To do so,
- Open Microsoft Update Catalog page, inside the search box, type Update “KB5029263” and press Enter.
- Then from the new screen choose the compatible file for your system, download and install it on your system and you are done.
These were the effective and quick solutions you can try to install Update KB5029263 on Windows 11 smoothly.