Microsoft recently released Update KB5028185 on Windows 11 with new improvements and features. This update helps to resolve a few technical issues and helps to function the system smoothly. But few players reported they are unable to install Update KB5028185 on Windows 11 even after several attempts.
If you are also troubled in installing Update KB5028185 on Windows 11, then you can follow this article. Here we listed a few solutions to help in downloading and installing Update KB5028185 on your system without any hassle. So read this article till the end and get the most out of it.
Fix 1: Restart the Device
The first step to resolve Update KB5028185 not installing on Windows 11 issue is restarting the system. Doing so will help you to escape from minor technical issues and allow you to install the latest updates smoothly.
Fix 2: Run Update Troubleshooter
Another solution you should try is running Windows 11 Update troubleshooter tool. To do so,
- Open Start menu, click on Troubleshooter and select Other troubleshooters option.
- Then select the Windows Update option and click the Run button beside the same and complete the process.
- Once done, you can reinstall the latest update smoothly.
Fix 3: Install Installation Assistant
Before moving to reinstall the latest updates, you should install Windows 11 Installation Assistant tool. It helps to install the latest updates smoothly. To do so,
- Open Windows 11 Installation Assistant page, click on the Download tab and complete the process.
- Then install the downloaded file on the system and retry to install the latest updates.
Fix 4: Use Media Creation Tool
You can also install the Media Creation tool as well.
- Open Windows 11 Media Creation tool, move to the Media Creation section and download the tool by pressing the Download Now button.
- Then install the file on the system and retry to install the latest updates.
Fix 5: Reset Windows Update Component
In order to install the Update KB5028185 without any issues on your Windows 11, you need to reset Windows Update Component. To do so,
- Open Command Prompt screen( type ‘cmd’ in search box) and launch it with admin privilege.
- Then inside the new screen, type the below mentioned commands and press Enter to complete the process,
SC config trustedinstaller start=auto
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop msiserver
net stop cryptsvc
net stop appidsvc
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dl
regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset proxy
rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start msiserver
net start cryptsvc
net start appidsvc
- Finally, restart the system and install the latest updates without any hassle.
Fix 6: Reset Windows Update Service
If you fail to install Update KB5028185 then you should reset Windows Update Service and reinstall the same update. To do so,
- Open Services menu screen on your system, right-click on Windows Update service, choose Properties option.
- On the new screen, set Startup type to Automatic and Service Status to Running.
- Finally, save the changes and install the latest updates.
Fix 7: Use Microsoft Update Catalog
Fortunately, you can install the Update KB222 manually from the Microsoft Update Catalog page. To do do,
- Open Microsoft Update Catalog, and inside the search box, type “KB5028185” and download the suitable file from the next screen.
- Then install the downloaded file and you are done with the update process.
At the end of this article we hope that any of the above given solutions helped to install Update KB5028185 on your Windows 11.