Microsoft recently released its June 2023 cumulative Update KB5027231 and KB5027223 on Windows 11 22H2 version. The update brings several changes with an intention to improve system’s performance and fix security vulnerabilities. But, unfortunately a few players reported that the Update KB5027231 or KB5027223 Not Installing on Windows 11 even after several attempts.
If you are facing the same issue on your Windows 11, then without any delay follow this article. Here we have listed a few solutions that will help you to install Update KB5027231/KB5027223 on your system effectively. Then let’s take a look at the fixes and resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
Fix 1: Restart the Device
The first solution to resolve Update KB5027231 and KB5027223 not installing on Windows 11 issue is to restart the system. Once you are done with the restart process, retry to install the latest update and see the issue is resolved.
Fix 2: Run Update Troubleshooter
Windows’ latest devices come with in-built troubleshooting tools to resolve most of the minor technical issues. Here to resolve the Update KB5027231 and KB5027223 not installing issue you can run Windows Update troubleshooter tool and see the result.
- Open Start menu and select Troubleshooter option from screen.
- Then select Other troubleshooters and click on the Run button beside the Windows Update option and install the update again.
Fix 3: Install Installation Assistant
In most cases, simply installing the Windows 11 Installation Assistant might allow you to install Update KB5027231 and KB5027223 on your system smoothly. To do so,
- Open Windows 11 Installation Assistant webpage, click on the Download button from the same screen and install it on your system.
- Then you can retry to install KB5027231 on your system without any trouble.
Fix 4: Use Media Creation Tool
Sometimes installing the Windows 11 Media Creation tool will be the possible way to install Update KB5027231 and KB5027223 without any issues.
- Open Windows 11 Media Creation tool webpage, go to the Media Creation section and click on the Download Now button.
- Install the downloaded tool on your system and retry to install the problematic update.
Fix 5: Reset Windows Update Component
As per some users,resetting the Windows Update Component will help you to resolve Update KB5027231 and KB5027223 fails to install on Windows 11 issue.
- Open Command Prompt screen by trying “cmd” in the search box and launch with admin access.
- Inside the new screen, type the following command and press OK to continue,
SC config trustedinstaller start=auto
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop msiserver
net stop cryptsvc
net stop appidsvc
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dl
regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset proxy
rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start msiserver
net start cryptsvc
net start appidsvc
- Once all the files are executed, retry to install the latest update and enjoy its features.
Fix 6: Reset Windows Update Service
If you are still struggling to install Update KB5027231 and KB5027223 on your Windows 11, then reset the Windows Update Service and retry to install the update.
- Open Services menu, from the list locate and right-click on Windows Update, then click on the Properties option.
- Then set the Startup type as Automatic and Service Status and Running, save the changes and retry to install the update.
Fix 7: Use Microsoft Update Catalog
In case all the above files do not help you, then install Update KB5027231 manually from Microsoft Update catalog page.
- Open Microsoft Update Catalog, in the search box type the Update “KB502723” or KB5027223 and download the compatible files from the next screen.
- Then install it on your system and you can enjoy the latest updates and its new features.
These are the top solutions you can try to resolve Update KB5027231and KB5027223 not installing on your Windows 11.