Microsoft recently released June 2023 cumulative Update KB5027215 on Windows 10 21H1, 21H2 and 22H2 versions respectively. This latest update resolves several technical issues and improves the system’s performance. But few users have been complaining that the Update KB5027215 Not Installing on Windows 10 system.
If you are facing the same trouble, unable to install Update KB5027215 on your system, then you can go through the solutions listed below. Here we have gathered a few reliable fixes to help you to install the latest Windows updates smoothly and effectively. Then let’s check the solutions and see which one helps you.
Fix 1: Restart the PC
The first attempt to resolve Update KB5027215 not installing on Windows 10 issue is restarting the system. If any minor bugs affecting your system will be cleared during this process. Once done, you can retry to install updates on your system.
Fix 2: Run Update Troubleshooter
Windows have inbuilt troubleshooter tools to resolve temporary technical issues. In this case, you should run Windows Update troubleshooter and resolve Update KB5027215 fails to install on Windows 10 issue.
- Open Settings screen, select Update and Security feature and click on Troubleshoot option.
- Then click on Other troubleshooters, select Windows Update and click on the Run the troublesooter button beside the same.
Fix 3: Reinstall Update Assistant
If you are struggling from installing Update KB5027215 on your Windows 10, then you should install Windows 10 Update Assistant tool and retry to install the problematic update.
- Open Windows 10 Update Assistant webpage, go to the Update Assistant section and click on the Update Now button.
- Once the process gets completed, retry to install the latest update.
Fix 4: Install Media Creation Tool
If the Update KB5027215 is still not installed on your system, then you should install Windows 10 Media Creation tool and retry to install the update.
- Simple move to Windows 10 Media Creation webpage, locate and select Create Windows 10 Installation media section and click on the Download tool now button.
- Once the downloaded tool is installed on the system, retry to install the latest updates.
Fix 5: Reset Windows Update Component
Another solution to install Update KB5027215 on your Windows 10 without any trouble is resetting the Windows Update component.
- Open Command Prompt screen by typing “cmd” in search box, open it with admin access and type the commands listed below and press Enter,
SC config trustedinstaller start=auto
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop msiserver
net stop cryptsvc
net stop appidsvc
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dl
regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset proxy
rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start msiserver
net start cryptsvc
net start appidsvc
- After executing all the commands, restart the system for the changes to take effect and try again to install the latest update.
Fix 6: Delete SoftwareDistribution Folder Files
As per some users, deleting the SoftwareDestribution folder helped them to install Update KB5027215 smoothly on the system. You can try the same trick here and check if it helps you or not.
- Open Services screen, locate Windows Update option, right-click on it and select Stop from the list.
- Then open Windows Explorer, go to C:\Windows-> SoftwareDistribution, delete the folder completely and retry to install the update.
Fix 7: Use Microsoft Update Catalog
You can also install Update KB5027215 on your Windows 10 manually with the help of Microsoft Update Catalog. To do so,
- Open Microsoft Update Catalog page, in the search box, type your Update “KB5027215” and press Enter.
- Then select the compatible file and download it on your system from the newly opened screen.
- Once done, install the file on your system and you are done.
These are the top solutions you can try to resolve Update KB5027215 not installing on your Windows 10 issue. Along with these fixes you need to check your network connection as well. If your internet connection is not properly working, then you will not be able to continue with the upgradation process.