Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection is a massive single-player action-adventure game developed by Naughty Dog available on PlayStation, and it has finally made its way to PC. In the game, you can play as Nathan Drake and Chloe Fraser on their adventures as they face their pasts and build their legacies. But unfortunately, few players who try to play the game on their system have faced crashing and lagging issues and are worried about it.
If you are getting the same issues on your system, you can follow this article to resolve them. Here you will get all the possible solutions that will help you to fix the Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection crashing or not launching issue effectively and permanently. Then let’s have a look.
- Install the latest game patch
- Disable Antivirus program
- Close unwanted background running app/services
- Update Windows
- Check System Requirement
If these basic tricks do not help you, you can follow the detailed fixes listed below.
Fix 1: Run the Game as Admin
The first attempt to resolve the Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection crashing or not launching issue is running the game with administrative privilege. To do so,
- Open game installation folder-> right-click on Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection.exe file-> select Properties.
- Then choose the Compatibility tab-> tick the checkbox beside Run this program as an administrator and launch the game again on your system.
Fix 2: Verify Game Files
If the issue persists, then you should check the integrity of the game files and relaunch the game. To do so,
- Open Steam->select Library->right-click on Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection-> select Properties->click on Local Files-> select Verify integrity of game files.
- Once done, your issues might get solved, and you can run the game smoothly on your system.
In Epic Games,
Open Epic Games->Library-> Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection-> select three dots->Manage-> click on Verify button.
Fix 3: Roll Back Graphics Driver
Sometimes rolling back your Graphics driver might help you to run Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection smoothly on your system. To do so,
- Open Device Manager-> expand Display adapters->right-click on Graphics Driver and select Properties.
- Then select the Driver tab->click on the Roll Back driver option and relaunch the game to see the result.
Fix 4: Launch Game Directly from Steam/Epic Games
Another effective solution is try to launch the game directly from the Steam or Epic Games app instead of launching it from the game’s client software.
Fix 5: Spam Alt+ Enter
Sometimes pressing the Alt + Enter key immediately after launching the game will help you to solve the Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection not launching issue. This trick has helped many users, so you can try it and see if it solves the issue or not.
Fix 6: Launch the Game in Windowed/ Dx11/ Dx12
In most cases, launching the game in -windowed or -dx11 or -dx12 will help you to resolve the crashing or freezing issue in Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection. To do so,
- Open Steam->Library->right-click on Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection-> select Properties.
- Choose the General tab->under Launch Options type, -windowed and try to launch the game and check if the crashing issue still bothers you.
- If yes, then under Launch Options type, -dx11 or –dx12 and launch the game again to see the result. (You can try these three options one after another).
Fix 7: Update DirectX
At times installing the latest DirectX version on your system will help you to resolve the Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection low FPS issue. To do so,
- Open the DirectX page->select Language-> click on Download button and install it on your system.
- Once done, you can relaunch the game on your system and see its performance.
Fix 8: Update Visual C++ Redistributable
If the crashing or stuttering issue still persists while launching Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection, then you should reinstall the Visual C++ Redistributable tool. To do so,
- Open Visual C++ Redistributable-> select and download X64 and X86 files-> install them on your system.
- Now your issues might get solved, and you can run the game on your system without any issues.
Fix 9: Run the Game using a Dedicated GPU
In some instances, launching the game using a dedicated GPU will allow you to enjoy the game without any troubles. To do so,
- Open Graphics Settings-> choose Graphics Performance Preference->click on Browse button->go to game installation folder-> select and add Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection.exe file on the list.
- Now choose the game from the list-> click three dots->Options and choose High performance and relaunch the game to see its performance.
Fix 10: Disable Overlays
If you have enabled third-party overlays to get a better gaming experience, you should disable it and launch the game.
In GeForce Experience– Click on Settings-> toggle off In-game Overlay and relaunch the game to see the improvement.
In Discord– Click on Settings->Overlay->toggle off beside Enable in-game overlay and relaunch the game to see the improvement.
Fix 11: Perform Clean Boot
If any application on your system prevents you from running the game, you should remove it from your system and relaunch the game. To do so,
- Open the System Configuration window->select Services->tick beside Hide all Microsoft services->click Disable all-> OK.
- Now go to the Startup tab->select Open Task Manager link to continue.
- Again select the Startup tab from the new screen->select all startup services->choose Disable.
- Once done, restart your system and relaunch the game and see if the issue gets resolved or not.
- If yes, go back to the Services screen by following the above steps and enable services one by one until you find the problematic service. Then remove the problematic service from your system permanently and relaunch the game smoothly.
Fix 12: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions helps you, then you should uninstall the game from your system and reinstall it after restarting your system. This time your game will run smoothly on your system.
These are all about the Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection crashing, lagging, not launching, low FPS or freezing issues on PC and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.