If you have a crush on strategy games, then Total War WARHAMMER 3 is now available on all platforms with some very exciting features. The game allows players to gather their force and engage in the Battle of Chaos, the dimension of terror where the world’s fate will get decided. As always, this game is not free from errors and problems; recently, a few players reported that their Total War WARHAMMER 3 crashed and did not launch properly on PC.
Many players are experiencing the same issues, with some players experiencing shuttering and freezing issues as well. There can be many reasons for this, but we need to look for credible solutions to overcome such a provocative situation. Anyway, in this article, we have collected some solutions to get rid of the issue of Total War WARHAMMER III crashing, shattering, freezing or not launching on PC. Let’s have a look.
- Must ensure any unwanted apps/services are not running in the background.
- You need to install the latest released game patch.
- Disable the Antivirus.
- Check your Internet connection.
- System Requirement
If any of the above-listed workarounds do not help you, then you can go to the below given detailed solutions.
Fix 1: Run as Administrator:
As a first try to resolve the Total War WARHAMMER 3 crashing or not launching issue, you need to run the game as an administrator. To do so,
- Firstly, you can go to the Total War WARHAMMER 3 installation folder, right-click on the Total War WARHAMMER 3.exe file and choose the Properties option.
- On the next window, select the Compatibility tab from the top menu and tick the checkbox beside the Run this program as an administrator option and click on OK.
- Finally, restart the system, relaunch the game and check for the result.
Fix 2: Update Driver:
Sometimes simply updating the Graphics driver might help you to resolve the crashing or shuttering issue on Total War WARHAMMER 3. In most cases, an outdated graphics driver can lead to a number of problems, so you need to update it as soon as possible. to do so,
- Firstly, type ‘device’ in your search box and open the Device Manager window from the search result.
- Then select the Display adapters section and choose the Graphics driver you need to update.
- Right-click on the select driver and choose the Update driver from the sub-menu options.
- Finally, restart the system and see the issue solved for you.
Fix 3: You Should Check Game Files Integrity:
To isolate the Total War WARHAMMER 3 crashing or freezing issue, you need to check the integrity of game files. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam and choose its Library section.
- Inside Library, select and right-click on Total War WARHAMMER III and choose the Properties option.
- On the next window, select the Local Files and click on the Verify integrity of game files.
- Finally, restart the system and see this change helped you or not.
Fix 4: Disable Overlay:
The main culprit behind the Total War WARHAMMER 3 crash or black screen issue may sometimes be the enabled overlay. The effective solution here is to disable the overlay quickly. To do so,
In GeForce Experience,
- Firstly, open GeForce Experience and click on its Settings icon from the home screen.
- Then turn Off toggle beside the In-game overlay option from the right side of the screen.
- Firstly, open Discord and click on the Settings icon from the home screen.
- Then select the Overlay option from the newly opened screen.
- And turn Off toggle beside the Enable in-game overlay option from the right side of the screen.
- Finally, restart the system and see the issues solved for you.
Fix 5: Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable:
In some cases, reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable might help you to resolve the crashing or freezing issue in Total War WARHAMMER 3. To do so,
- Firstly, open your browser and go to the Visual C++ Redistributable webpage.
- Then click on both the x64 and x86 files link and download them on your system.
- Once done, install the recently installed files on your system, then relaunch the game and see the result.
Fix 6: Run in Windowed Mode:
At times, simply running the game in Windows mode help players to get rid of the crashing or lagging issue. To do so,
- Open Total War WARHAMMER 3 and go to its Graphics settings.
- Then choose the Run in Window option and see the result.
- Press Alt+Enter altogether to activate Windowed mode when you are in Full-screen mode.
Fix 7: Update Windows:
Sometimes updating your Windows might help you to escape from the Total War WARHAMMER 3 crashing or won’t launch issue quickly. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Settings menu on your system by pressing Windows + I altogether.
- Then select the Update and Security section and click on the Windows Update.
- Now click on Check for updates button to update your Windows to the latest built.
- Finally, relaunch the game and check the issues resolved in your case.
Fix 8: End Nahimic Service:
If any service is running unnecessarily in the background of your system, it will interfere with the game and cause many issues. In this case, you need to close those services quickly. To do so,
- Firstly, type Task Manager in your search box and open the first result from the search.
- Then go to the Processes tab and locate Nahimic service, right-click on it and select the End Task option.
- Finally, restart the system and see the game’s performance.
Fix 9: Perform Clean Boot:
If you continue to experience crashing and freezing issues, you need to perform a clean boot to determine which programs interfere with your game. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + R altogether to open the RUN dialog box, type ‘msconfig’ and press OK.
- In the newly opened screen, select the Services tab and tick the checkbox beside the Hide all Microsoft services option.
- Then click on both Disable all and OK buttons.
- Further, you should go to the Startup tab and click on the Open Task Manager link.
- Inside the Startup tab, we recommend firstly, you need to disable the lastly installed app/program, then restart the system and see the result.
- Disable the services one by one until you find the problematic one. If found one, remove it from your system permanently.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game:
If all of the above solutions fail in your case, you will need to uninstall the game and its associated files. Then reinstall the game after a few seconds and see the result.
These are all about the issue of Total War WARHAMMER III crashing, shattering, freezing or not launching on PC and its fixes. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.