Thymesia is a massive action-RPG dark fantasy game developed by OverBorder Studio. In the game, you are allowed to play a mysterious character named ‘Corvus’ and step into the blood-soaked kingdom of Hermes, infested by terrifying monsters, and fight against these enemies to save the kingdom. But nowadays a few players reported crashing or not launching problems in the game and they are very worried about it.
If you are also facing the same problems then you can follow this article. Here we have listed some reliable solutions to overcome your Thymesia crashing or lagging issue quickly. Then let’s have a look.
- Install the Latest Game Patch
- Disable Antivirus
- Close unwanted background running apps/services
- Lower graphic settings
- Check System Requirement
These are the basic solutions to solve your issue, but if none of these solutions helps you, then you can go through the detailed solutions listed below.
Fix 1: Run as Administrator
As the first attempt to resolve the Thymesia crashing or not launching issue is running the game with administrative privilege. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Thymesia installation folder->right-click on the Thymesia.exe file->choose its Properties.
- Then select Compatibility tab->tick beside Run this program as an administrator option and launch the game.
Fix 2: Verify Game Files
If any game files get corrupted, you will also face a crashing or freezing problem. In this case, you need to check the integrity of the game files and see the result. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam->Library->right-click on Thymesia icon-> choose Properties option.
- Then select Local Files->choose Verify integrity of game files and finish the process.
- Once done, relaunch the game to see if the issue gets resolved or not.
Fix 3: Disable Overlay
If you have overlay enabled, turn it off to quickly get rid of Thymesia crashing or stuttering problems.
- Open Discord->Settings icon->Overlay-> Turn off toggle beside Enable in-game overlay option.
In GeForce Experience,
- Open GeForce Experience->click on Settings icon-> Turn off toggle beside In-game overlay option.
- Once done, you can continue with the game.
Fix 4: Update Driver
If the graphics driver you are currently using is out of date, you may face crashing or lagging issues with Thymesia. In this case, you should update your driver and see if the issue is resolved in your case. To do so,
- Firstly, open Device Manager->double-click on Display adapters->right-click on Graphics driver->choose Update driver option.
- Once done, relaunch the game and see the discussed issue eliminated from your game.
Fix 5: Update Windows
If your Windows get outdated, then the game will crash on the startup screen. The best solution here is to update your Windows to the latest build. To do so,
- Open the Settings menu->click on Windows Update-> select the Check for updates button and complete the process.
- Once done, you can relaunch the game and see feel the game’s performance.
Fix 6: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
In most cases installing the Visual C++ Redistributable will allow you to resolve the black screen or shuttering issue in Thymesia. To do so,
- Go to Visual C++ Redistributable->click on x64, x86 files-> download and install them on your system.
- Once done, relaunch the game and continue with the game.
Fix 7: Install DirectX
Sometimes installing the DirectX package will help you to get rid of the Low FPS or Black Screen issue in Thymesia. To do so,
- Go to DirectX webpage->chose your Language->click on Download.
- Once done, relaunch the game and see if the issue gets resolved for you.
Fix 8: Disable Overclocking
Sometimes disabling the overclocking feature can help you get rid of the crashing or not launching issue in Thymesia. Once done you can play the game smoothly.
Fix 9: Disable VSync
Another solution to resolve the low FPS issue in Thymesia is disabling the VSync feature. To do so,
- Open NVIDIA Control Panel->Manage 3D Settings->Virtual Sync-> turn off VSync option.
- Open IntelHD Graphics Control Panel->click on 3D General Settings->choose Custom Settings->Virtual Sync-> turn off VSync option.
Fix 10: Disconnect Multiple Monitors
Before launching the game on your system, you need to disconnect multiple monitors (if connected) and unplug all USB devices, joystick Logitech wheels, etc.
Fix 11: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions helps you, then you need to uninstall the game and restart your system. After reinstalling the game, now it will run smoothly.
These are all about the Thymesia Crashing, Freezing, Lagging, Black Screen or Not Launching issue on PC. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.