Good news for fans of horror movies, Gun Interactive recently launched the Texas Chainsaw Massacre game on all major gaming platforms. In the game players are tasked to take the role of one of the notorious Slaughter family and use wits and stealth to stay out of the family’s reach to gain ultimate freedom. But few players find it difficult to play the game due to frequent crashing or not launching issues.
There can be several reasons for The Texas Chain Saw Massacre crashing issue, but lucky few solutions are available there to resolve the said issues. If you are troubled by The Texas Chain Saw Massacre crashing or Not launching issue, then you can take a walk through the below listed solutions and find which one helps in your case. Then dive into the solutions without wasting the time.
Fixes for the The Texas Chain Saw Massacre Crashing or Not Launching on PC
Fix 1: Restart the PC
If any minor glitches interrupt the system, then you will not be able to operate the system smoothly and it will affect the gaming experience as well. In this case, you should restart the system to eliminate minor glitches and relaunch the game to get better performance.
Fix 2: Update Drivers
Another reason for the The Texas Chain Saw Massacre Crashing or Not launching issue is outdated Graphics driver. In this scenario, you can update your Graphics driver and relaunch the game. To do so,
- Open Device Manager, expand the Display adapters section, right-click on Graphics card and click the Update driver option from the list.
You can also check and confirm that all other drivers are updated to the latest version. And if the manual update process consumes your time, then you can depend on any third-party driver updating tool.
Fix 3: Verify Game Files
Those who are suffering from The Texas Chain Saw Massacre Crashing issue then it might be due to corrupted game files. To overcome such crises you should repair game files and relaunch the game. To do so,
- Open Steam, go to the Library section, right-click on The Texas Chain Saw Massacre icon and select Properties.
- Then select the Local Files tab and click on the Verify integrity of game files and relaunch the game.
Fix 4: Disable Overlays
In case you have enabled Overlays feature to improve the game’s performance, then it might cause crashing or lagging issues. The best possible solution you can try here is disable the overlays features and try again to launch the game.
Fix 5: Launch the Game in DirectX11/12
If the above fixes do not help you then you should launch the game in -dx11 or -dx12. To do so,
- Open Steam, select Library, right-click on The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and choose its Properties.
- Then under the Launch Options, type -dx11 and relaunch the game. If this trick does not help you then under the Launch Options type -dx12 and launch the game.
Fix 6: Use Dedicated Graphics Driver
Sometimes launching the game using a dedicated graphics card will help you to resolve crashing issue smoothly. To do so,
- Open Graphics Settings menu (type “graphics” in search box), select Graphics Performance Preference, click on Browse button and choose The Texas Chain Saw Massacre for its installation folder.
- Then add the game to the list, click on three dots beside the game title, click on Options and select High Performance and relaunch the game.
Fix 7: Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributables
You can also reinstall the Visual C++ Redistributables to resolve the The Texas Chain Saw Massacre crashing or not launching issue. To do so,
- Open Visual C++ Redistributables, click on X86, X64 files, download and install them on your system and relaunch the game to enjoy an endless gaming experience.
Fix 8: Disable Antivirus
Gamers can temporarily disable the third-party antivirus tool to check the issue is with the antivirus protection. If the game runs smoothly after disabling antivirus, it indicates it’s the time to switch to a more reliable third-party antivirus tool.
Fix 9: Reinstall the Game
If all else files in your case, then uninstall the game completely from the system and after a few minutes reinstall the game’s latest version and see the result.
These are the top solutions you can apply to resolve The Texas Chain Saw Massacre crashing or not launching issue on PC. Along with these, you can check the system requirement to run the game and your internet connection.