The Tarnishing of Juxtia is a massive 2D dark fantasy action thriller RPG game sets in the ruins of two divine kingdoms. In the game, you can join the journey with Juxtia, the last creation of Goddess and explore the dark world of evil saints, mysterious characters and ancient machines. But a few players have complained about the game crashing on the startup screen and, they are unable to launch it properly on their system.
If you can’t enjoy the game’s haunting beauty and non-stop action, then you’re in the right place. If you are not able to enjoy the game’s haunting beauty and non-stop action, then you are at the right place. In this article, we have listed some quick and effective solutions to overcome your crashing or freezing issue in The Tarnishing of Juxtia. Then let’s have a look.
- Install the latest game patch
- Close unwanted background apps/services
- Disable Antivirus temporarily
- Check System requirement
If none of the above strategies helps you solve your problem, then you can move on to the detailed solutions listed below.
Fix 1: Run as Admin
The first attempt to resolve The Tarnishing of Juxtia crashing or not launching issue is running the game with administrative privilege. To do so,
- Firstly, go to The Tarnishing of Juxtia installation folder, choose and right-click on The Tarnishing of Juxtia.exe file and click on the Properties option.
- Then choose the Compatibility tab from the new screen and tick the checkbox beside the Run this program as an administrator.
- Once done, click on OK and relaunch the game.
Fix 2: Update Driver
Most likely, outdated drivers may be the main reason behind The Tarnishing of Juxtia crashing or lagging problems. Here you can update your graphics driver and launch the game. To do so,
- Firstly, type ‘device’ in your system desktop search box and open the Device Manager window from the result.
- Then expand the section Display adapters, choose and right-click on your Graphics driver and click on the Update driver from the sub-menu.
- Once done, you can launch the game again on your system to see the result.
Fix 3: Verify Game Files
Sometimes missing or corrupted game files cause the game to crash on the startup screen and not launch properly. In this case, you can check the game files and see the result. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam, go to the Library section and choose The Tarnishing of Juxtia icon.
- Then right-click on The Tarnishing of Juxtia and choose its Properties option from the drop-down menu.
- Inside the new screen, choose the Local Files and click on the Verify integrity of game files and wait for a few minutes.
- Once done, relaunch and see the issue terminated from your game.
Fix 4: Disable Overlays
The overlay tool tries to improve the performance of the game, but unfortunately, sometimes it causes shuttering and freezing issues and prevents you from running the game on your system. Here you need to disable game overlays and see its improvement.
In GeForce Experience,
- Firstly, open the GeForce Experience and go to its Settings page.
- Inside the new screen, disable In-game overlay option and see the improvement.
- Firstly, open Discord and go to its Settings page.
- Inside the Settings screen, choose the Overlay option and turn off Enable in-game overlay and see its improvement.
Fix 5: Update Windows
If your The Tarnishing of Juxtia is crashing or lagging at the startup screen, it may be due to outdated Windows. Here you can check and update your Windows to the latest built. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I altogether to open the Settings menu.
- Then click on the Windows update option, click on the Check for updates tab and complete the process.
- Once finished, you can start the game smoothly.
Fix 6: Disable Overclocking
For better game performance, players usually enable the overclocking feature, but sometimes it can have a negative effect and lead to serious problems. In this case, you can disable the overclocking feature and run the game on your system.
Fix 7: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
The Visual C++ Redistributable package is crucial for running certain programs and apps on your system. If it’s missing, you won’t run any game on your system anymore, leading to crashing or non-launching problems. In this case, you need to install Visual C++ latest version and see the result. To do so,
- Firstly, launch your web browser to land on the Visual C++ Redistributable page.
- Then click on the x64 and x86 files from the page and download them to your system.
- Once the downloaded files are installed on your system, relaunch the game and see the result.
Fix 8: Install DirectX
At times, installing the DirectX will help you to resolve The Tarnishing of Juxtia low FPS or Black Screen issue quickly. To do so,
- Firstly, launch your web browser to land on the DirectX page.
- Then choose your Language from the drop-down list and click on the Download button.
- Once done, install the downloaded program on your system and see the result.
Fix 9: Lower Graphics Settings
If your game’s high visual effects and Graphics design is incompatible with your system’s configuration, then also you will encounter a crashing or black screen issue. In this case, you can navigate to the game Graphics Settings menu, switch to Windowed Mode and lower all the settings.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above-listed solutions helps you, then you should uninstall the game and restart the system. Once done, you can reinstall the game from a trusty source.
These are all about The Tarnishing of Juxtia Crashing/ Freezing/ Lagging/ Black Screen or Not Launching issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.